PDA

View Full Version : HP, LP, bass EQ, Bass level

lazyhenry30
04-13-2006, 03:10 PM
can someone help me come to an understand on how to tune my amp because i dunno what all tese adjustments are for. Like, explian to me what does these adjustment do and any advice or level i should set it up to.

2 12' Diamond Audio D3 (400 rms each) connected on 1 ohm
Hifonics ZX 6000 (600 rms x 1 @ 4 ohm), 4 stable but i am running it at 1

Hi Pass 10Hz - 1.2K
1/2 CH X-Over - HP, Full, LP/BP .... right now it's set at LP/BP
Low Pass 30Hz - 150Hz
Bass EQ - 0dB - 18dB
Level - 6V - 0.2V

oshwa
04-13-2006, 03:54 PM
use the SEARCH.......... thmbup

Duct Tape
04-13-2006, 05:08 PM
can someone help me come to an understand on how to tune my amp because i dunno what all tese adjustments are for. Like, explian to me what does these adjustment do and any advice or level i should set it up to.

2 12' Diamond Audio D3 (400 rms each) connected on 1 ohm
Hifonics ZX 6000 (600 rms x 1 @ 4 ohm), 4 stable but i am running it at 1

Hi Pass 10Hz - 1.2K
1/2 CH X-Over - HP, Full, LP/BP .... right now it's set at LP/BP
Low Pass 30Hz - 150Hz
Bass EQ - 0dB - 18dB
Level - 6V - 0.2V

hi pass is a crossover adjustment that filters out lower frequencies (bass)

1/2 ch x-over is just a switch telling the amp if you want to filter out bass
(HP) or filter out the highs (LP/BP)

Low Pass 30-150 Hz is the crossover adjustment that filters out the high frequencies (treble)

Bass EQ is a bass boost adjustment

Level - 6v - 0.2v is your gain adjustment for the amp

if your amp is only 4 ohm stable and you are running it at one ohms it probably wont last that long. for your setup you need to set 1/2 ch xover to LP/BP

i would adjust the filter to around 80 Hz as a starting point, then adjust it to suit your music taste. the lower the setting the more highs you will filter out.

Personally i dont like to use the Bass Eq on amplifiers so always turn that to zero. if your head unit has an eq built in, you dont need to touch that part of the amp.

as far as setting your level, you should start by turning it all the way down. then turn up the dial on your stereo to about 3/4, or untill your other speakers start to distort, then turn it back a bit. then adjust your subs using the level setting on the amp. turn it up untill you hear them distort, then turn it back down a bit. that should give you a decent gain setting on your amp. there are other ways to set this, but they require you to purchase an ocilloscope or a digital multimeter. personally i have always set my gains using the method i described to you.

peter_euro
04-13-2006, 09:46 PM
hi pass is a crossover adjustment that filters out lower frequencies (bass)

1/2 ch x-over is just a switch telling the amp if you want to filter out bass
(HP) or filter out the highs (LP/BP)

Low Pass 30-150 Hz is the crossover adjustment that filters out the high frequencies (treble)

Bass EQ is a bass boost adjustment

Level - 6v - 0.2v is your gain adjustment for the amp

if your amp is only 4 ohm stable and you are running it at one ohms it probably wont last that long. for your setup you need to set 1/2 ch xover to LP/BP

i would adjust the filter to around 80 Hz as a starting point, then adjust it to suit your music taste. the lower the setting the more highs you will filter out.

Personally i dont like to use the Bass Eq on amplifiers so always turn that to zero. if your head unit has an eq built in, you dont need to touch that part of the amp.

as far as setting your level, you should start by turning it all the way down. then turn up the dial on your stereo to about 3/4, or untill your other speakers start to distort, then turn it back a bit. then adjust your subs using the level setting on the amp. turn it up untill you hear them distort, then turn it back down a bit. that should give you a decent gain setting on your amp. there are other ways to set this, but they require you to purchase an ocilloscope or a digital multimeter. personally i have always set my gains using the method i described to you.nicely done thmbup

lazyhenry30
04-14-2006, 12:16 AM
very nice.. now i understand them.. geez.. i was scared to touch them and had always got someone else to do it for.. but becuase of your explaination.. i think i am going to try to make the adjustment myself

lazyhenry30
04-15-2006, 12:18 AM
ok.. here is what i have done
since the subs are in parraell.. i decided to put them on their own channels
so the amps support 300 rms x 2 at 2 ohm... i dunno if that will still mess up my amp. and yess i am aware that sometimes i wouldn't get a full 100% from both sub

the setting.. i have LP at about 80-85 Hz, i want it at 40Hz, but when it is .. i turn bass level all the way up and i still get nothing. At 80-85 Hz, my bass level is about 2/3 - 3/4 of the way and bass EQ is just off.

When i tuned it i have SW-vol at 0 and left it there and my volume was at 25

Duct Tape
04-15-2006, 01:53 AM
you dont hear alot of volume when it is set to 40 hz, because there isnt alot of music down in those frequencies. unless you listen to bass discs.

how does the system sound now?

lazyhenry30
04-15-2006, 06:46 PM
sounds cool at vol 20, but in vol 25 it is insanely loud for a 4dr