PDA

View Full Version : speaker install

TonyLikesBumpin
10-15-2000, 05:51 AM
I have a ford taurus and it only has 3.5" fronts and 6x8 rears. I'd like to install some 6.5s or some 5.25s in the front doors. If i figure out a way to cut them in and mount them on the doors, how do i go about hooking them up to the HU and electrical system? (Supposedly my model taurus should have some 5.25 in the doors already but it doesnt, go figure.)

da-da-da
10-15-2000, 05:56 AM
You will need to construct a baffle, MDF is good for this. The doors may need to be opened up a bit to allow the 6.5's or 5..25'
s to fit. If there are already wires ran, you simply hook them up the same as any other speaker. If not you will need to run wires from the H/U into the doors and then to the speakers. This usually will require drilling. Do you have a stock H/U?

TonyLikesBumpin
10-23-2000, 11:24 PM
i have a pioneer deh-4100

PointSource
10-23-2000, 11:49 PM
I have a Ford Taurus and I have 6.5's in the front doors. What year is yours?

regal1975
10-24-2000, 12:20 AM
many cars have different factory spkr setups like camry's...if you had an optional 5.25 in the door, then it should mount in the factory hole..you might have to punck out a plate, but i doubt it.... if yours sisnt have the spkrs there from the factory, then you will almost definitly have to run new wires, but you can just squeeze them through the rubber grommet with all of the other wires going to your door..just be careful and makie sure that your window doesnt hit the spkr, and make sure to put some kind of baffle or plastic over the back of the spkr so it will not get wet when it rains....

TonyLikesBumpin
10-24-2000, 01:23 AM
whats this baffle you guys keep talking about??? what's a baffle?

regal1975
10-24-2000, 01:36 AM
well, i was really just talking about the plastic cover that goes behind factory door spkrs that covers the top, and sides and keeps em from getting wet..i mentioned that b/c i cut mine out w/out thinking..i fixed it by putting in a sheet of thick plastic that completely covers the back top and sides of the spkrs...i just installed the spkrs on top of the plastic sheet..

regal1975
10-24-2000, 01:38 AM
well, i was really just talking about the plastic cover that goes behind factory door spkrs that covers the top, and sides and keeps em from getting wet..i mentioned that b/c i cut mine out w/out thinking..i fixed it by putting in a sheet of thick plastic that completely covers the back top and sides of the spkrs...i just installed the spkrs on top of the plastic sheet..hey hey hey..ise is in da house!!..BIATCH!..oh and btw..flood control can scrub my sack as well