PDA

View Full Version : Install frustrations: wires to doors

chazzy
10-15-2000, 07:55 PM
I'm mounting woofers and tweeters in the door, which means that I have to route two sets of speaker wire to each door through the rubber conduit that's between the body and the door. Unfortunately, my car ('98 Honda Accord) doesn't haev a straight rubber conduit. Instead, it comes out, snakes down for a few inches, and then goes into the door, which makes routing the wire extremely difficult. I've managed to route one cable, but the second one is not even close to done.

What can I do to make it easier (other than mounting tweeters on the dash/well instead)? I'm already using thin speaker wire. Thanks.

Chaz

curls
10-15-2000, 08:02 PM
What I did was just run the wire on the outside of the conduit (using the same holes however), and then wrap the spkr wires in insulated electrical tape (semi-thick, rubber, w/ great adhesion -- great for cold weather).
Worked great, and saved me the headache.
btw: I have a '91 Integra, and the wires from the body to the doors are the same way -- start at the top, and go down about 3" to the doors....which is a pain in the ***!!)

Eric.

chazzy
10-15-2000, 08:14 PM
So did you punch a hole through the rubber conduit/grommet at the top and the bottom? Didn't that completely tear everything down?

lincoln8
07-23-2010, 03:51 AM
So did you punch a hole through the rubber conduit/grommet at the top and the bottom? Didn't that completely tear everything down?

well???????????

Vestax05pro
07-23-2010, 07:57 PM
Holy christ, way to bump an old thread.

I made a tutorial on this 4 years ago:

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diyma-tutorials/5087-snaking-wires-through-door.html