Thread: Noobie help
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 05:48 PM   #8
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozbritt View Post
I'm in the UK ideally would like to keep it around 200 for sub and amp but would stretch to 300 if it would be much better?
I don't think that would be close to cutting it- go with what you have and optimize it best you can.

There reason I ask location is that there are some manufacturer-direct woofers that perform very well from the US. Most members here are North American, and can get their hands on these relatively inexpensively. They would be pretty expensive to ship to the UK, negating any savings. Car audio in the UK (and Canada, where I live) is very expensive compared to the US. You won't get a hard-hitting woofer with lots of motor strength and excursion for that budget in the UK, and that is what you need to get meaningful bass levels in a convertible. It may take several times that budget to get a real performer, not including amp.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JL-Audio-W...-/261744279411

^^ for example, a strong woofer that sounds great and has lots of throw and impact in a sealed enclosure
basicxj is offline   Reply With Quote