CarAudioForum.com

Old 05-20-2004, 01:39 AM   #1
kahlilj

kahlilj is on a distinguished road

Clarion Wiring diagram

anyone have a wiring diagram or know the wiring for a clarion pro audio ARX6470 head unit? i have my manual but there is no wiring diagram in it. called clarion and they referred me to some 3rd party vendor they use which charges $$ for access to this! (which makes no sense to me- a paid/customer.) anyway, anyone have one they can either fax or post?? thx in advance.
kahlilj is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 05-20-2004, 03:16 AM   #2
nutmegs

big gulps, huh?

nutmegs has a reputation beyond reputenutmegs has a reputation beyond reputenutmegs has a reputation beyond reputenutmegs has a reputation beyond reputenutmegs has a reputation beyond reputenutmegs has a reputation beyond reputenutmegs has a reputation beyond reputenutmegs has a reputation beyond reputenutmegs has a reputation beyond reputenutmegs has a reputation beyond reputenutmegs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahlilj
anyone have a wiring diagram or know the wiring for a clarion pro audio ARX6470 head unit? i have my manual but there is no wiring diagram in it. called clarion and they referred me to some 3rd party vendor they use which charges $$ for access to this! (which makes no sense to me- a paid/customer.) anyway, anyone have one they can either fax or post?? thx in advance.
well... maybe you can tell us what you need to know? yellow is 12V, red is 12V accessory, orange is dimming, preouts are purple=sub, black=rear, gray=front, blue/white is remote turn on for amp, blue is power antenna.......
nutmegs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2004, 05:45 AM   #3
kahlilj

thanks nutmeg i need to know ALL of them. i have a 16-pin type connector.

Old 05-20-2004, 07:11 AM   #4
nutmegs

big gulps, huh?

nutmegs has a reputation beyond reputenutmegs has a reputation beyond reputenutmegs has a reputation beyond reputenutmegs has a reputation beyond reputenutmegs has a reputation beyond reputenutmegs has a reputation beyond reputenutmegs has a reputation beyond reputenutmegs has a reputation beyond reputenutmegs has a reputation beyond reputenutmegs has a reputation beyond reputenutmegs has a reputation beyond repute

black is ground. speakers: LF white, RF gray, RR purple, LR green. brown is phone mute. which colors am I missing?

Old 05-20-2004, 06:06 PM   #5
Vestax05pro

Associates

Location: USUC World Champion - Stock System Class, Super Street Division Special Edition Bose 26 piece speaker system with enhanced ported tweeters. 89.2 db Legal, 89.6 db Outlaw
Vestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you need to know ALL of them? Meg has pretty much covered what you needed, at least the important ones. Give us the colors that are not mentioned, then we'll tell you what it is.
Vestax05pro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-2004, 12:52 AM   #6
kahlilj

thankx nutmeg & vestax. i should correct that and say i would like to know (as in want to know) what the pinouts are. i don't have the connector with me now. will have to take a closer look at it when i get off work today then post the unknowns. thanks again for your help guys.

Old 05-21-2004, 02:26 AM   #7
nutmegs

big gulps, huh?

the pin is whatever the wire connected to it is

Old 05-24-2004, 02:59 AM   #8
kahlilj

(ok please remember folks i have NEVER installed a car stereo before) there are 2 rca connectors coming out of the back of the clarion arx6470. one set was connected to an amp. the other pair is unused? are these both for external amps? if so then should one pair go to the 2 channel amp & the other to the mono amp?

also i have an EQ i want to install too. how would the EQ fit into the connection path? (HU to EQ, EQ to amps, amps to speakers? or what path???)

Old 05-24-2004, 05:51 AM   #9
Vestax05pro

Associates

Location: USUC World Champion - Stock System Class, Super Street Division Special Edition Bose 26 piece speaker system with enhanced ported tweeters. 89.2 db Legal, 89.6 db Outlaw
Vestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond repute

2 sets of RCA's should be front or rear preouts. Sometimes it is front and sub outs. Definitely one of them is the front, and often labeled. Sony and Panasonic uses RCA inputs in their headunit, hopefully your Clarion isn't like that, but it wouldn't do any harm if you misconnected RCA's. It's not as damaging as it is with speaker or DC wires.

Processors will always come right after the signal source. Ideally, yes, you'd want to put the EQ between the head unit and amplifier.
Vestax05pro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2004, 03:45 PM   #10
nutmegs

big gulps, huh?

the clarion aux input is RCA, not sure if his model has it. I gave the colors for the preouts though in my first post.

Old 05-26-2004, 01:12 AM   #11
kahlilj

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmegs
the clarion aux input is RCA, not sure if his model has it. I gave the colors for the preouts though in my first post.
are preouts the same as RCA plugs/connectors? if so, then my preouts are black & grey, but no purple. therefore my RCA's are for the rear & front amps/speakers?

thanks nutmeg for the wire color functions. the others i have are pink w/white stripe, purple w/black stripe, grey w/black stripe, green w/black stripe, & white w/black stripe. can you tell me what those are for?

i did not see an orange or blue wire. but i did see all the others u mentioned as well as the blue w/white stripe remote turn on. (it had an inline 0.5 amp fuse and was wired to the existing amp.)

Old 05-26-2004, 02:30 AM   #12
nutmegs

big gulps, huh?

the purple, gray, green, and white with black stripes are the - for your speakers, you will need a total of 8 wires hooked up to power 4 speakers. the pink I forget. preouts are RCA yes, I forget what it is if it's just black/gray, PM me on Saturday if you still need to know and I will look at my mom's wiring diagram when I'm home.

Old 05-26-2004, 05:52 AM   #13
kahlilj

thx nutmeg. i think i got confirmation on the function of the preouts being what u stated earlier (black to rr, gray to fr), but i still can not get this pink wire? is it possible that it faded/changed from orange? never saw an orange wire; but then again having only a flashlight & it being late, my eyes could have played tricks on me! lol! not sure if i will have net access over the weekend, but if i do i'll pm ya and see what u found out. thanks again for your tremendous help! (& u too vestax)