CarAudioForum.com

Old 10-10-2008, 01:15 AM   #1
Atk2008

Atk2008 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Alpine Sub Trim Rings?

Anyone know where I can buy two of the rubber trim rings that cover the screws on the front of alpine subs? The sub on the right has the trim ring I am talking about.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j4.../IMAGE_015.jpg
Atk2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 10-10-2008, 03:45 AM   #2
joebunny44

joebunny44 is on a distinguished road

Perhaps you can send Alpine an email, maybe they can reply back with some info.

The only other thing I can think of is to head to Best Buy and steal a couple off of the Type R's they put on display.
joebunny44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2008, 09:45 AM   #3
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.partstore.com/Sitemap/Mod...nc/Alpine.aspx

http://www.pacparts.com/part.cfm?CFI...TOKEN=19908435

These two companies stock genuine Alpine replacement parts- try punching in the model number of your subs and seeing what's available as far as parts...they probably have 1-800 numbers also .
basicxj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2008, 12:07 PM   #4
Atk2008

thanks I'll give those options a try

Old 10-12-2008, 03:46 AM   #5
Atk2008

neither of those options worked and what is up with all these scammers?

Old 10-12-2008, 01:09 PM   #6
Duct Tape

Associate

Duct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond repute

why not remove them both and cover them with speaker grills? that should make them match, and protect them in the process.
Duct Tape is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-2008, 06:31 PM   #7
Atk2008

I don't need to protect them so why cover them; there isn't anything else I keep in my trunk. I just want the look of a clean, finished install.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:50 PM   #8
Duct Tape

Associate

Duct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atk2008 View Post
I don't need to protect them so why cover them; there isn't anything else I keep in my trunk. I just want the look of a clean, finished install.
is that your installation in the photo? you have more to worry about than your speakers if you want a clean install....

Old 10-12-2008, 08:03 PM   #9
Atk2008

yeah it is, the ground wire has been moved to the strut tower so it is now hidden. what else is not clean about that install lol

Old 10-13-2008, 12:24 AM   #10
Duct Tape

Associate

Quote:
yeah it is, the ground wire has been moved to the strut tower so it is now hidden. what else is not clean about that install lol
seeing how that ground wire was has to make one wonder how the rest of the install has been done.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:22 AM   #11
Atk2008

lol alright dude. with my old system, that ground wire was hidden the way i had the amp setup on the left side of the trunk; when I got this new setup, moving the ground wire wasn't the first thing on my mind. i can take more pics of my setup if you really want me to since you are so interested in bashing it. you can't see any other wires anywhere. but i found my trim rings i need from some one that actually helped me out.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:32 AM   #12
Duct Tape

Associate

Quote:
lol alright dude. with my old system, that ground wire was hidden the way i had the amp setup on the left side of the trunk; when I got this new setup, moving the ground wire wasn't the first thing on my mind. i can take more pics of my setup if you really want me to since you are so interested in bashing it. you can't see any other wires anywhere. but i found my trim rings i need from some one that actually helped me out.

bashing? that wasnt bashing. i didnt make you string your ground across your trunk. you are confusing honesty with bashing

Old 10-13-2008, 01:33 AM   #13
Atk2008

alright well thanks for your opinion