CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 06-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
btlagunas

btlagunas is infamous around these partsbtlagunas is infamous around these partsbtlagunas is infamous around these partsbtlagunas is infamous around these parts

How to hook up 4 subwoofers to a monoblock amp?

i have 4 pioneer shallow subwoofers how do u hook up all 4 subs to one monoblock amp?my speakers are 250 wrms what mono amp do i need?
btlagunas is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 06-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #2
skatforninezero

skatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud of

impedances?
skatforninezero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #3
buddha73

buddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha73 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by btlagunas View Post
i have 4 pioneer shallow subwoofers how do u hook up all 4 subs to one monoblock amp?my speakers are 250 wrms what mono amp do i need?
we need to know the impedance (ohms) and the lowest impedance your amp will play at (should be either 2 or 1 ohm). after we know those details we can let you know the best way to wire it. if your not sure there will be a sticker on the back of the subs that should tell you the impedance. as for the amp on the bottom a lot of times will show the power output, let us know if it goes to 2 or 1 ohm.
buddha73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2009, 07:51 PM   #4
btlagunas

btlagunas is infamous around these partsbtlagunas is infamous around these partsbtlagunas is infamous around these partsbtlagunas is infamous around these parts

my subwoofers are 4 ohms and my amp is 2 ohm.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:39 PM   #5
nabissssco

nabissssco has a reputation beyond reputenabissssco has a reputation beyond reputenabissssco has a reputation beyond reputenabissssco has a reputation beyond reputenabissssco has a reputation beyond reputenabissssco has a reputation beyond reputenabissssco has a reputation beyond reputenabissssco has a reputation beyond reputenabissssco has a reputation beyond reputenabissssco has a reputation beyond reputenabissssco has a reputation beyond repute

Just give the model numbers or go to http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp and do it yourself

I suggest option 2 so you learn, fyi bookmark that site!
nabissssco is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #6
SPL BRONCO II

SPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by btlagunas View Post
my subwoofers are 4 ohms and my amp is 2 ohm.
single or dual coil?
SPL BRONCO II is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2009, 10:53 PM   #7
btlagunas

subwoofers r single coil.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:11 PM   #8
skatforninezero

skatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud of

with SVC and 4ohm impedance, you would only be able to get a 1ohm load and a 4ohm load. So your going to have to do the 4 ohm load. It's hard for me to explain how to go about wiring it in words, but give that rockfordfosgate link that was posted a look and it will have a diagram for you.
skatforninezero is offline   Reply With Quote