CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Manufacturer's Forums > RE Audio / US Amps

Old 03-30-2012, 11:06 PM   #1
MoeCrusader07

MoeCrusader07 is infamous around these parts

RE Audio 15" XXX Recone? (2005/2006)

I have a RE Audio 15" XXX sub from either 2005 or 2006. I can't remember exactly.

It stopped working a couple years back and upon pulling it out of the box I noticed that one of the voice coil leads had been split. Somebody on here said that it likely got burned through and would probably need a recone.

I am just wondering if that is the case? If it is what is the a rough estimate of the cost for it?

Obviously, it is an extremely heavy sub so shipping would be a major expense. I live in Cincinnati, OH do you have any dealers in or around this area that could do a recone?

Thanks.
MoeCrusader07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 03-08-2013, 03:13 AM   #2
SPL??

SPL?? is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeCrusader07 View Post
I have a RE Audio 15" XXX sub from either 2005 or 2006. I can't remember exactly.

It stopped working a couple years back and upon pulling it out of the box I noticed that one of the voice coil leads had been split. Somebody on here said that it likely got burned through and would probably need a recone.

I am just wondering if that is the case? If it is what is the a rough estimate of the cost for it?

Obviously, it is an extremely heavy sub so shipping would be a major expense. I live in Cincinnati, OH do you have any dealers in or around this area that could do a recone?

Thanks.
You could do it yourself, check youtube for how to videos. Its pretty easy.
SPL?? is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
BLuERuMM

BLuERuMM is a splendid one to beholdBLuERuMM is a splendid one to beholdBLuERuMM is a splendid one to beholdBLuERuMM is a splendid one to beholdBLuERuMM is a splendid one to beholdBLuERuMM is a splendid one to beholdBLuERuMM is a splendid one to behold

Moe do NOT go with USAmps for pre06 re-cones. Contact Fi, get a drop-in re-cone kit through them and do it yourself.
BLuERuMM is offline   Reply With Quote