CarAudioForum.com

Old 04-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
Nabes

Nabes is on a distinguished road

Help Choosing Speakers

I'm going to buy a JL Audio 12" W6v2 with a JL 500/1v2 amplifier. I'm wondering what kind of speakers would be a good match for this sub. I have a 2009 Honda Accord. I'm pretty sure the speakers are 6.5". Please help!

Last edited by Nabes; 04-17-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Nabes is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 04-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabes View Post
I'm going to buy a JL Audio 12" W6v2 with a JL 500/1v2 amplifier. I'm wondering what kind of speakers would be a good match for this sub. I have a 2009 Honda Accord. I'm pretty sure the speakers are 6.5". Please help!
That's a very capable sub, but it needs a convincing front stage properly amplified, installed and tuned in order to do it's thing in a convincing manner that blends with your front speakers.

How much did you want to spend on speakers and an amplifier for them? What type of frequency response do you like- bright and crisp highs or natural and smooth? Punchy and aggressive midbass response or neutral and accurate? Will you be willing to seal and deaden up the mounting surfaces and inner doors to get the most out of things?
basicxj is online now   Reply With Quote