CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 11-19-2001, 11:53 PM   #1
GibHunter

GibHunter is on a distinguished road

So, who has used Rockford Fosgate Punch RFZ2412 ?

I'm buying one for my underpowered system (only 100 watts RMS for the sub) to replace the MTX3000 that needs 200 watts RMS. I guess, I just want to hear what others think of it before I install it and make up my own mind
GibHunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 11-20-2001, 12:10 AM   #2
Big_Wheeler

Big_Wheeler is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually, I'd say you should almost wait until after you've installed it and listened to it before getting other people's opinions. That way you'll be able to make up your own mind without being biased by other peoples opinions. Just by 2 cents....
Big_Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2001, 12:10 AM   #3
nasty_totoro

Please feeda Totoro Sushi

nasty_totoro has much to be proud ofnasty_totoro has much to be proud ofnasty_totoro has much to be proud ofnasty_totoro has much to be proud ofnasty_totoro has much to be proud ofnasty_totoro has much to be proud ofnasty_totoro has much to be proud ofnasty_totoro has much to be proud ofnasty_totoro has much to be proud of

Re: So, who has used Rockford Fosgate Punch RFZ2412 ?

Quote:
Originally posted by GibHunter
I'm buying one for my underpowered system (only 100 watts RMS for the sub) to replace the MTX3000 that needs 200 watts RMS. I guess, I just want to hear what others think of it before I install it and make up my own mind
pioneer

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
nasty_totoro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2001, 12:57 AM   #4
beaux

Team American Audio

beaux is a jewel in the roughbeaux is a jewel in the roughbeaux is a jewel in the roughbeaux is a jewel in the rough

Re: Re: So, who has used Rockford Fosgate Punch RFZ2412 ?

Quote:
Originally posted by nasty_totoro

pioneer

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I already told him that totoro..............

And I absolutely hate Punch Z's. The MTX 3000 would be much better.

You can get a Pioneer sub for even less and the pioneer would tear that Z apart. Other subs that would tear a punch Z with 100 watts would be....Kicker Comp, JL W0, Orion Cobalt, Punch HE
beaux is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2001, 01:27 AM   #5
bassfreak

Freestyle GOD

bassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Re: Re: So, who has used Rockford Fosgate Punch RFZ2412 ?

Quote:
Originally posted by beaux

I already told him that totoro..............

And I absolutely hate Punch Z's. The MTX 3000 would be much better.

You can get a Pioneer sub for even less and the pioneer would tear that Z apart. Other subs that would tear a punch Z with 100 watts would be....Kicker Comp, JL W0, Orion Cobalt, Punch HE
if you hate the punch Z you have a lack of install experence(no offence). the pionners are slightly better but with only 100watts the punch rfz wll get louder and still sound good put it in a good 1.25 or bigger box and 100watts rms it will rock.
I have installed more than I can count of these subs and for a budget and low power there great.
bassfreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2001, 01:31 AM   #6
nasty_totoro

nasty_totoro has much to be proud ofnasty_totoro has much to be proud ofnasty_totoro has much to be proud ofnasty_totoro has much to be proud ofnasty_totoro has much to be proud ofnasty_totoro has much to be proud ofnasty_totoro has much to be proud ofnasty_totoro has much to be proud ofnasty_totoro has much to be proud of

Re: Re: Re: Re: So, who has used Rockford Fosgate Punch RFZ2412 ?

Quote:
Originally posted by bassfreak

if you hate the punch Z you have a lack of install experence(no offence). the pionners are slightly better but with only 100watts the punch rfz wll get louder and still sound good put it in a good 1.25 or bigger box and 100watts rms it will rock.
I have installed more than I can count of these subs and for a budget and low power there great.
Zs have a nasty alignment in a normal sealed box

sure they get loud ..... near resonance

unfortunately at other points its sounds not so good

pioneers are a much better all round sub with good alignment in normal sized sealed boxes

Old 11-20-2001, 01:56 AM   #7
bassfreak

Freestyle GOD

bassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond reputebassfreak has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: So, who has used Rockford Fosgate Punch RFZ2412 ?

Quote:

Zs have a nasty alignment in a normal sealed box

sure they get loud ..... near resonance

unfortunately at other points its sounds not so good

pioneers are a much better all round sub with good alignment in normal sized sealed boxes
they do well in larger sealed boxes and meduim portd boxes, from what I have heard(my ears). what about you?

Old 11-20-2001, 02:02 AM   #8
nasty_totoro

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: So, who has used Rockford Fosgate Punch RFZ2412 ?

Quote:

they do well in larger sealed boxes and meduim portd boxes, from what I have heard(my ears). what about you?
direct comparisons with pioneers, alpine S and JLs leave the fattah totoro totally unimpressed by Zs in normal sized sealed boxes

not much beats pioneers for 50$

alignment, power handling and extention wise

feeda me sushi

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 11-20-2001, 02:05 AM   #9
bassfreak

Freestyle GOD

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: So, who has used Rockford Fosgate Punch RFZ2412 ?

Quote:

direct comparisons with pioneers, alpine S and JLs leave the fattah totoro totally unimpressed by Zs in normal sized sealed boxes

not much beats pioneers for 50$

alignment, power handling and extention wise

feeda me sushi

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
sushi feed. 1.5cuft sealed 100watts I bet a couple of dollars the punch keeps up with the pioneers in there recommened box with 100watts RMS spl wise.I agreefor a god balence of SQ SPL pioneer vccs are very nice subs.

Old 11-20-2001, 02:12 AM   #10
nasty_totoro

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: So, who has used Rockford Fosgate Punch RFZ2412 ?

Quote:

sushi feed. 1.5cuft sealed 100watts I bet a couple of dollars the punch keeps up with the pioneers in there recommened box with 100watts RMS spl wise.I agreefor a god balence of SQ SPL pioneer vccs are very nice subs.
1.5 cu ft for a single 12?

why bother when the pioneer can work quite well in as low as 0.5 cu ft .....

and handle 300 wrms+ easily

and cost 60$ for the 12"

and have a "perfect" butteworth 0.707 Qtc in a 1 cu ft box or achieve a near "SQ" bessel alignment in a 1.5 cu ft box

can play classical chellos and drums with ease and little resonance peak

if you want an "SPL" cheap sub with good mechanical power handling and a higher alignment .... the Alpine S and JL 12w0s work much better than the Zs

ponders .......

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 11-20-2001, 02:19 AM   #11
beaux

Team American Audio

beaux is a jewel in the roughbeaux is a jewel in the roughbeaux is a jewel in the roughbeaux is a jewel in the rough

Re: Re: Re: Re: So, who has used Rockford Fosgate Punch RFZ2412 ?

Quote:

I've played with Punch Z's alot. I have NEVER been impressed in the slightest bit. The pioneers are cheaper and better in all aspects. Plus....if he gets a more powerful amp later on....the pioneer will be able to handle the extra power as totoro pointed out.
Also...for $70 you could get a kicker comp. Power rating of 150watts
beaux is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2001, 02:55 AM   #12
GibHunter

If I get a more powerful amp later on, I'll get a smaller box and either a 10 or 12" sub like MTX8000, Kicker Solobaric or Infinity 12.1 (or was it perfect 12?). Right now I have a 1.25 (or 1.5) cubic feet box and a clarion 5 channel amp with 100 watt RMS and 230 peak. All of that sounds like the exact recommendations for the RFZ. The Pioneer does look like a higher quality sub, but it's requirements for a bigger box and peak power handling of 400 watts turned me off. I guess, if I was buying today, I'd buy the pioneer, but the order is already being shipped (got the tracking number) and so it's a bit late for a change of heart. Another thing is, I spent $62 for the RFZ with shipping included so, if it turns out being a disaster, I'll be out of just $60. That's less than you can spend at a club on any given night.

Old 11-20-2001, 03:03 AM   #13
GibHunter

Also, I'd like to thank you guys for the recommendations and replies, especially to beax and bassfreak. I can't ever understand what nasty is talking about (no offense totoro, mut be all that sushi) although your last post made allot of sense. Next time, I'll just take more time before ordering.

Old 11-20-2001, 03:09 AM   #14
bassfreak

Freestyle GOD

that nasty totoro

Quote:
Also, I'd like to thank you guys for the recommendations and replies, especially to beax and bassfreak. I can't ever understand what nasty is talking about (no offense totoro, mut be all that sushi) although your last post made allot of sense. Next time, I'll just take more time before ordering.
he is very smart his pot aometmes are a little techinal but there correct. you welcome no problem

Old 11-20-2001, 03:33 AM   #15
nasty_totoro

Quote:
If I get a more powerful amp later on, I'll get a smaller box and either a 10 or 12" sub like MTX8000, Kicker Solobaric or Infinity 12.1 (or was it perfect 12?). Right now I have a 1.25 (or 1.5) cubic feet box and a clarion 5 channel amp with 100 watt RMS and 230 peak. All of that sounds like the exact recommendations for the RFZ. The Pioneer does look like a higher quality sub, but it's requirements for a bigger box and peak power handling of 400 watts turned me off. I guess, if I was buying today, I'd buy the pioneer, but the order is already being shipped (got the tracking number) and so it's a bit late for a change of heart. Another thing is, I spent $62 for the RFZ with shipping included so, if it turns out being a disaster, I'll be out of just $60. That's less than you can spend at a club on any given night.
pioneers work in a MUCH smaller box than the Z

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz