CarAudioForum.com

Old 03-14-2006, 03:01 AM   #16
sprackydoo

Location: "a 40oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good even though I feel bad" Sublime
sprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilio
ok im gonna buy a kicker 2500x1 that is 2500w@2 ohm and im gonna hook it up to 2 kicker L7s i dont have any idea what ohm they are how can i get it to run at 2 ohm so i can get 2500 out of my amp?
2 dvc 2ohm subs wired series/parallel = 2ohms, do I have to draw it out for you? Oh wait it already is Look on the magnet it should say what "ohm" it is. If it's DVC 4ohm you're SOL
sprackydoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2006, 04:51 AM   #17
rldelrosario

rldelrosario will become famous soon enough

Infinity Sub & Amp Wiring

Good day. In relation to sub wiring, I need help on wiring my sub. I have an Infinity 5761a 6-channel amp (using ch1/2 Front, 3/4 rear speakers).
Amp specs
56W x 4 channels and 107W x 2 channels, at 4 ohms & 1% THD + N.
80W x 4 channels, 150W x 2 channels at 2 ohms,14.4V supply & 1% THD+N.
148W x 2 channels, 287W x 1 channel at 4 ohms,14.4V supply & 1% THD+N.
Dynamic power: 117W (channels 1, 2, 3, 4);163W (channels 5, 6) into 2 ohms

As sub i have one infinity kappa 100.3dvc (4 ohms per coil). I have wired it as 2 ohm load (+/+ and -/- per V coil) bridged to + ch5/-ch6. Is this ok? Got a recommendation that I should wire it ch5=1 vcoil abd ch 6=1 vcoil. Which do i get a better "bump" from the sub without endangering the amp.
Thanks.
Ronald
rldelrosario is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2006, 05:13 AM   #18
Duct Tape

Associate

Duct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rldelrosario
Good day. In relation to sub wiring, I need help on wiring my sub. I have an Infinity 5761a 6-channel amp (using ch1/2 Front, 3/4 rear speakers).
Amp specs
56W x 4 channels and 107W x 2 channels, at 4 ohms & 1% THD + N.
80W x 4 channels, 150W x 2 channels at 2 ohms,14.4V supply & 1% THD+N.
148W x 2 channels, 287W x 1 channel at 4 ohms,14.4V supply & 1% THD+N.
Dynamic power: 117W (channels 1, 2, 3, 4);163W (channels 5, 6) into 2 ohms

As sub i have one infinity kappa 100.3dvc (4 ohms per coil). I have wired it as 2 ohm load (+/+ and -/- per V coil) bridged to + ch5/-ch6. Is this ok? Got a recommendation that I should wire it ch5=1 vcoil abd ch 6=1 vcoil. Which do i get a better "bump" from the sub without endangering the amp.
Thanks.
Ronald
a dual 4 ohm voice coil sub is not a good choice for that amp. the only safe way to wire it would be to run the voice coils in series to create an 8 ohm load, then bridging it. you should see about 150 watts to the sub this way, but it will be a safe load on the amp. you should consider getting a SVC 4 ohm sub, or a dual 2 ohm sub, those would be the best choice for that amp. or you could just get a 2nd one of the subs that you have.
Duct Tape is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2006, 05:33 AM   #19
rldelrosario

Thanks for your input. This may sound silly, but with wiring the sub in series, am i getting less or more from the sub. How about the load on the amp? Thanlks again.
Ronald

Old 04-16-2006, 05:52 AM   #20
Duct Tape

Associate

Duct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond reputeDuct Tape has a reputation beyond repute

you will be putting less power to the amp when wiring the sub in series, and your amp will see an 8 ohm load bridged. its not the ideal setup for that amp, but its the only safe way to do it.

Old 04-16-2006, 06:42 AM   #21
rldelrosario

ok. i tried wiring the sub is series. only thing is i got less "bump" out my sub. how about wiring the voice coils separately per channel. it 's going to require additional wirings though. Anyway, given the situation i'm in right now, i might have to go with wiring the sub in parallel and just watch the gain i put on my amp. like you mentioned, i don't have the ideal setup right now, but it will have to do until i'll be able to get a new sub. thanks again.

Old 04-16-2006, 01:59 PM   #22
Duct Tape

Associate

wiring the voice coils to each channel would give you the same power as you have right now. when you bridge 2 channels into an 8 ohm load, it is the same as having a 4 ohm load in stereo.

Old 04-16-2006, 04:52 PM   #23
rldelrosario

ok. thanks a lot for your inputs ducktape.

Old 04-18-2006, 05:09 AM   #24
rldelrosario

Hello Duck Tape
After much tweaking with my system (and some inputs from other installers as well), i have wired my dual 4 ohm voice coil sub in series to create an 8 ohm load, then then bridging it to the amp (just as you had earlier suggested). Some tweaking with the gain and boost knobs, and i got the "bump" i wanted. Next up is to get hold of a really bassy cd and see how far it will go. I don't know if i'll be able to set off car alarms, but it'll worth a try.
Again thanks for the replies.
Ronald

Old 04-18-2006, 05:14 AM   #25
sprackydoo

Location: "a 40oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good even though I feel bad" Sublime
sprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rldelrosario
Hello Duck Tape
After much tweaking with my system (and some inputs from other installers as well), i have wired my dual 4 ohm voice coil sub in series to create an 8 ohm load, then then bridging it to the amp (just as you had earlier suggested). Some tweaking with the gain and boost knobs, and i got the "bump" i wanted. Next up is to get hold of a really bassy cd and see how far it will go. I don't know if i'll be able to set off car alarms, but it'll worth a try.
Again thanks for the replies.
Ronald
If you want some really bassy stuff (wouldn't quite call it music) get some bass mechanik I got mine at BB also has useful things on the cd like sine waves pink/white noise and different things

Old 04-18-2006, 07:39 AM   #26
rldelrosario

ok. will check it out. thanks

Old 04-24-2006, 11:34 PM   #27
bullit531

bullit531 will become famous soon enough

I'm very new to this game, i just ordered new subs and they will be arriving on thursday and i need a complete wiring diagram (made for a noob because i've never done an audio installation before)....

two subs - Audiobahn AWIS12P
two amps - Kicker KX1200.1

any help is highly appreciated!!!
bullit531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2006, 04:36 AM   #28
sprackydoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullit531
I'm very new to this game, i just ordered new subs and they will be arriving on thursday and i need a complete wiring diagram (made for a noob because i've never done an audio installation before)....

two subs - Audiobahn AWIS12P
two amps - Kicker KX1200.1

any help is highly appreciated!!!
Make your own thread don't post on this one.

Old 05-12-2006, 03:25 AM   #29
peter_euro

peter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77'cj7
This is an updated page, if you need a diagram that isnt listed, please pm me and i will make one and post it here.

This page is in startup phase right now, i will list more diagrams over the next few days as i have time to make them.
Chris

Single sub
Dual Voice Coil
DVC 2 ohms = 1 ohm load
DVC 2 ohms = 4 ohm load

DVC 3 ohms = 1.5 ohm load
DVC 3 ohms = 6 ohm load

DVC 4 ohms = 2 ohm load
DVC 4 ohms = 8 ohm load

DVC 6 ohms = 3 ohm load

DVC 8 ohms = 4 ohm load

Dual subs
Dual Voice Coil
2 ohms = .5 ohm load
2 ohms = 2 ohm load
2 ohms = 8 ohm load

3 ohms = .75 ohm load
3 ohms = 3 ohm load

4 ohms = 1 ohm load
4 ohms = 4 ohm load

6 ohms = 1.5 ohm load
6 ohms = 6 ohm load

8 ohms = 2 ohm load
8 ohms = 8 ohm load
are the diagrams for series wiring correct?
peter_euro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2006, 03:57 AM   #30
sprackydoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_euro
are the diagrams for series wiring correct?
What's wrong with em