CarAudioForum.com

Old 05-15-2017, 12:18 PM   #1
cvandiver777*

cvandiver777* is on a distinguished road

Box for kicker l5 10?

Alright, so i have as the title says a kicker solo 10 and im building another box for it. The box i have now is roughly about 2.2cubes and it has 2 4" aero ports. Its tuned to 44hz. It hits very hard for my liking, BUT it SUCKSSSSS at hitting lows.. like bad.. anyway, what i want to do is build a sealed box for it, but was wondering should i build a big sealed or a small sealed to help hit the lows better? Im no expert so feel free to correct me on anything. All advice is appreciated! Thanks

Cody

Ps: idk if it matters or not but im pushing it with a kenwood 600w mono amp
cvandiver777* is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 05-16-2017, 11:40 PM   #2
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

You need to tune the port much lower. Kicker has made a ton of L5s over the years, so it's hard to know the specs, but I would guess around 1.5-1.75 cuft tuned to ~35hz would produce good results. You'll lose some of your output, but not nearly as much as if you go to sealed.
Jimi77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2017, 05:45 PM   #3
neillio

neillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, you need to extend the ports into the enclosure. 1) 2.2ft3 is too large for a 10". 2) By extending each port, you'll bring the airspace down some, while lowering the tuning. 3) Shoot for 1.7ft3 net @ 35hz and you'll notice a drastic difference.

I've never built a box for a single 10" larger than 1.7ft3 net. There are only a handful(mostly HT) 10's out there that need that much volume.
neillio is offline   Reply With Quote