CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 10-12-2017, 11:30 PM   #16
roxbury29

roxbury29 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi77 View Post
You'd be surprised at what the system might really be. I'm replacing my nieces Bose stereo and it's really a Clarion HU.

You just won't know if the upgrade will live up to expectations until you do it. There is no way for us to know how much you'll like the upgrade. The XS are very nice speakers for the money. I do tend to agree that without the amp you're probably wasting your time and money. I might just throw some cheap co-axials in the rear or just leave the stock speakers.
^ thanks true . I might have to at least try something soon.
I will keep you posted. At least If I try I will know for sure..
roxbury29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2017, 04:26 PM   #17
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck.
Jimi77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2017, 07:41 PM   #18
roxbury29

Thanks
I will let ya know how it goes...

Good luck with your Niece's Stereo. I am surprised that it states BOSE, but actually isn't . Bose in home or auto usually are well rounded ( not boomy )

Old 10-13-2017, 08:51 PM   #19
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxbury29 View Post
Thanks
I will let ya know how it goes...

Good luck with your Niece's Stereo. I am surprised that it states BOSE, but actually isn't . Bose in home or auto usually are well rounded ( not boomy )
Bose is just selling their name. Once they had an agreement with Nissan in place, they outsourced to Clarion. I guess that's kinda good, since Clarion makes better equipment than Bose. I remember Audiovox making Bose speakers too, and they were even cheaper than the crap Audiovox stuff that was on store shelves.

Whether in home or auto Bose generally sucks ballz, hence the nickname "Blose" and the saying "No highs, no lows, must be Bose." For subbass Bose generally gives you boomy subwoofer that doesn't perform well in the low end and tends to lack detail. Then they tend to crank up the upper end of the midrange to make up for the highs that won't be present. The midrange tends to be subdued and lacks detail, but Bose will generally crank up a band in the midrange too to give you the illusion of detail. Bose has perfected their marketing and has created a sound signature that the public buys in droves. Bose has mastered taking really cheap drivers, equalizing them a little or a bunch and convincing the public that their equipment is awesome. Beats headphones are pretty much the same - here's some headphones with a lot of bass and treble and barely any midrange, but Dr Dre endorses them, so they must be awesome.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:42 PM   #20
roxbury29

Quote:
Bose is just selling their name. Once they had an agreement with Nissan in place, they outsourced to Clarion. I guess that's kinda good, since Clarion makes better equipment than Bose. I remember Audiovox making Bose speakers too, and they were even cheaper than the crap Audiovox stuff that was on store shelves.

Whether in home or auto Bose generally sucks ballz, hence the nickname "Blose" and the saying "No highs, no lows, must be Bose." For subbass Bose generally gives you boomy subwoofer that doesn't perform well in the low end and tends to lack detail. Then they tend to crank up the upper end of the midrange to make up for the highs that won't be present. The midrange tends to be subdued and lacks detail, but Bose will generally crank up a band in the midrange too to give you the illusion of detail. Bose has perfected their marketing and has created a sound signature that the public buys in droves. Bose has mastered taking really cheap drivers, equalizing them a little or a bunch and convincing the public that their equipment is awesome. Beats headphones are pretty much the same - here's some headphones with a lot of bass and treble and barely any midrange, but Dr Dre endorses them, so they must be awesome.
^ I doubt i'd ever pickup beats headphones, I do have Bose noise cancelling headphones. pretty nice! especially since I won them in a raffle and it didn't cost me the $300

I have some 501 and 701 I don't use anymore, at some point I will sell them on eBay.... The home speakers I sold a few years ago I should have kept which were Cerwin Vega D9 loudpspeakers. didn't have the room for them though.

I will let you know how my door speakers come out in a few days too.

thanks for your help

Old 10-15-2017, 01:38 PM   #21
Jimi77

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxbury29 View Post
^ I doubt i'd ever pickup beats headphones, I do have Bose noise cancelling headphones. pretty nice! especially since I won them in a raffle and it didn't cost me the $300

I have some 501 and 701 I don't use anymore, at some point I will sell them on eBay.... The home speakers I sold a few years ago I should have kept which were Cerwin Vega D9 loudpspeakers. didn't have the room for them though.

I will let you know how my door speakers come out in a few days too.

thanks for your help
Did you go with the ID XS???

Old 10-15-2017, 04:00 PM   #22
roxbury29

Quote:
Did you go with the ID XS???
I ordered the ID - XS57
and Memphis Prx572 ( both from woofers etc.. )

I figured i would try them and put the less expensive in the back
or exchange them for another set if the ID's if they are really nice !

I will let you know how it comes out.

thanks again
Marc