CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Manufacturer's Forums > Product Specific > Alpine

Old 10-07-2016, 04:20 PM   #1
ig88b

ig88b is on a distinguished road

CDA-9835 only recognizing some .mp3 tracks.

Greetings. Back when the CDA-9815 came about, I picked one of those up and used it until it died about 5 or 6 years ago. Since then, I just settled for the factory system in my current car, until I could come across something in decent shape, for a decent price. I picked up a 9835 a few moths ago in hopes I could relive my positive experiences I had with the 9815. All seems well except for the fact that its a little touchy when it comes to data CDs. With the 9815, I would make data discs all the time. In fact, I pretty much only played data discs in the 9815.They'd be stacked with folders upon folders, and they'd play through no problem. However, with the 9835, I'm noticing its claiming a lot of the files are unsupported, even though they are mp3s. Entire folders will be unsupported. Sometimes a random track in the middle of unsupported songs will play. And other times, a random track in the middle of supported songs will not be supported. Pretty much all over the place. But the files that are once unsupported are always unsupported. And the ones that are playable remain playable. I've since picked up another 9815. But I've yet to try it out with the same discs. But I'm wondering if the 9835 is just a lot more picky than the 9815? Or is there something I should be looking for when burning these files to disc? Maybe a setting I'm missing, or some other minor oversight. Maybe I should convert these mp3s using a uniform set of parameters? I've never had this issue, and its getting to be a little frustrating. Thanks for listening.

Last edited by ig88b; 10-07-2016 at 04:23 PM.
ig88b is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR