CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 04-15-2018, 11:02 PM   #1
Dodo502

Dodo502 is on a distinguished road

Out of the game for 10 years....

Well fellas, I'm looking at getting a new setup for the first time in 10+ years. I had 2 Kicker L7 15's with a Memphis Mojo 2000D amp back in the day. Loved how they sounded and I'd like to get something similar but maybe a bit louder. Any suggestions on where to begin would be great! Was looking into Fi, Sundown, and RE. Thanks for the advice on subs/amp combo!
Dodo502 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 04-16-2018, 07:55 AM   #2
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo502 View Post
Well fellas, I'm looking at getting a new setup for the first time in 10+ years. I had 2 Kicker L7 15's with a Memphis Mojo 2000D amp back in the day. Loved how they sounded and I'd like to get something similar but maybe a bit louder. Any suggestions on where to begin would be great! Was looking into Fi, Sundown, and RE. Thanks for the advice on subs/amp combo!
How much did you plan on spending? One woofer or two? Size constraints for the enclosure? Electrical constraints for the amp?

You can get some pretty nice subs from the likes of Fi, Sundown, SSA Audio, Incriminator Audio, DC Audio, even Soundqubed. I wouldn't be too enthused about recent RE from the company as it is today, not the same as the original RE. Sundown or Soundqubed amplifiers would make for a pretty nice SQL type of system if you have enough amperage to feed them for a pair of 12's or 15's.
basicxj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2018, 11:56 AM   #3
Dodo502

Dodo502 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by basicxj View Post
How much did you plan on spending? One woofer or two? Size constraints for the enclosure? Electrical constraints for the amp?

You can get some pretty nice subs from the likes of Fi, Sundown, SSA Audio, Incriminator Audio, DC Audio, even Soundqubed. I wouldn't be too enthused about recent RE from the company as it is today, not the same as the original RE. Sundown or Soundqubed amplifiers would make for a pretty nice SQL type of system if you have enough amperage to feed them for a pair of 12's or 15's.
Good to know about RE!

Definitely want 2 15's again. No size constraints as it's going in an SUV. Only electrical concern is I don't want to mess with upgrading the alt.

Id like to spend around $1,500ish on the combo
Dodo502 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2018, 12:10 PM   #4
SPL_Krayzie112

SPL_Krayzie112 will become famous soon enough

Orion HCCAs I guess.
SPL_Krayzie112 is offline   Reply With Quote