CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 04-28-2003, 06:39 PM   #1
Trav8601

Trav8601 will become famous soon enoughTrav8601 will become famous soon enough

Are Pyramid subs any good?

Hey, i was wondering if Pyramid subs were any good. My friend told me he was going to get two 12" Pyramid subs, but I told him to stay away. Im not sure if I gave him the right advice though, are these subs actaully any good? Has anyone had them before and would know from expierence?
Trav8601 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 04-28-2003, 06:41 PM   #2
Hobbes26

ButterAudio

Hobbes26 will become famous soon enoughHobbes26 will become famous soon enough

Oh god no.... don't use pyramid unless..... well, there's never a good time to use a pyramid...

well, maybe if u can get them cheap and want to have a little fun with pumping 120V thru them...

G
Hobbes26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2003, 06:52 PM   #3
The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond reputeThe_spacemonkey has a reputation beyond repute

pretty much worthless IMO...... but I mean you can prolly make a hella loud PA with like 30 of them if you wanted.... thats a pretty good use for them.
The_spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2003, 06:53 PM   #4
dftnz7

Momentarily Interrupted

dftnz7 is on a distinguished road

They are great for cone launching....
dftnz7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2003, 06:54 PM   #5
Vestax05pro

Associates

Location: USUC World Champion - Stock System Class, Super Street Division Special Edition Bose 26 piece speaker system with enhanced ported tweeters. 89.2 db Legal, 89.6 db Outlaw
Vestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by dftnz7
They are great for cone launching....
or refridgerator magnets.
Vestax05pro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2003, 07:21 PM   #6
trueX

Need 1 XXX "15"

trueX is an unknown quantity at this point

no
trueX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2003, 07:27 PM   #7
mtx_is_the_best

www.cobaincase.com

mtx_is_the_best is a splendid one to beholdmtx_is_the_best is a splendid one to beholdmtx_is_the_best is a splendid one to beholdmtx_is_the_best is a splendid one to beholdmtx_is_the_best is a splendid one to beholdmtx_is_the_best is a splendid one to beholdmtx_is_the_best is a splendid one to behold

Whatever..

I wish some of u guys lived closer to me, with my trunk closed you wouldn't know I run Pyramid subs.

For the price some of the new stuff IE: Hyper Pros, Imperals are not that bad.. im getting sick of people saying **** that probably never heard a Pyramid in 45 years.

How can you compare a $35 sub with a $365 Brahma?
mtx_is_the_best is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2003, 07:33 PM   #8
Trav8601

Trav8601 will become famous soon enoughTrav8601 will become famous soon enough

You get what you pay for though, does the pyramid brand of audio equitment have a high rate of failure? You can go on ebay and get a pair of brand new pyramid 12" subs for under $50.00, and that seems very sketchy since its so cheap.
Trav8601 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2003, 07:33 PM   #9
Bilbo99

I got no dukes

Bilbo99 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by mtx_is_the_best
Whatever..

I wish some of u guys lived closer to me, with my trunk closed you wouldn't know I run Pyramid subs.

For the price some of the new stuff IE: Hyper Pros, Imperals are not that bad.. im getting sick of people saying **** that probably never heard a Pyramid in 45 years.

The question wasnt "Is Pyramid worth $35.00 when the Brama is $365?" Nobody mentioned any other sub in this thread.

The question was are Pyramid subs any good. And since this a narrow question you get narrow answers.
Bilbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2003, 08:02 PM   #10
AmplifierGuy

Crossfire BMF1000D + ?

AmplifierGuy is on a distinguished road

Straight up Pyramid is junk even if you can get their Hyper Pro subs cheap. Your way better off spending more money on better stuff. Their amps are just GARBAGE no fukkn question about it. I know someone with 2 12" 1000w Hyper Pro subs and a 1800w Pyramid America amp. The subs don't even get fukkn loud (they are even in a damn bandpass), The amp don't even get close to RMS rating, it wouldn't even blow a 150rms MTX sub (400rms a channel). If you wanna be cheap then go for Pyramid...
AmplifierGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2003, 08:04 PM   #11
AmplifierGuy

Crossfire BMF1000D + ?

AmplifierGuy is on a distinguished road

Oh just for bragging rights he paid $80 for both subs and $120 for the amp, all brand new off www.cmttrading.com and my $89 Type-R 10" and $100 Perf. Tek. 800w amp kicks their fukkn assssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
AmplifierGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2003, 09:15 PM   #12
N2Audio

N2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant future

I would say at best Pyramid's subs are so-so. Thier dirt cheap stuff is completely useless, but some of thier higher priced ones are certainly worth the price IMO. I have a pair of the American built 350 rms Super Pro 12's - the only 12" they have with a 3" vc. They're seeing an under-rated 350rms a piece from an Optidrive 1000.1D in a sealed enclosure. They've been doing fine for over a year and while I wouldn't step foot near a competition with them they sound fine and get plenty loud. They were $75 a piece new on line.
N2Audio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2003, 10:23 PM   #13
mtx_is_the_best

www.cobaincase.com

mtx_is_the_best is a splendid one to beholdmtx_is_the_best is a splendid one to beholdmtx_is_the_best is a splendid one to beholdmtx_is_the_best is a splendid one to beholdmtx_is_the_best is a splendid one to beholdmtx_is_the_best is a splendid one to beholdmtx_is_the_best is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by AmplifierGuy
Straight up Pyramid is junk even if you can get their Hyper Pro subs cheap. Your way better off spending more money on better stuff. Their amps are just GARBAGE no fukkn question about it. I know someone with 2 12" 1000w Hyper Pro subs and a 1800w Pyramid America amp. The subs don't even get fukkn loud (they are even in a damn bandpass), The amp don't even get close to RMS rating, it wouldn't even blow a 150rms MTX sub (400rms a channel). If you wanna be cheap then go for Pyramid...
This is about subs.. not amps. The amps are ****, nobody said they were good did they?..

BUT I do own 2 hyper pro's and they do get loud.. hook them up to a half decent amp, then come back and talk more.

Also, I am not cheap I just don't have money to burn. If I could get money at will I would have some thunder 8000's right now..

Actully I don't know why I keep arguing with people who have thick skulls, I have heard almost all of the mainstream set-ups around here and mine gets just as loud, or louder than other 12's.. but I really couldn't care less what narrow minded indivdules think, I installed my subs right and they sound good, never had one complaint about them from anyone who was in my car or even people who found out they were Pyramid (they were shocked) Only complaints are they are hurting ppls ears.. but hey.. I guess I don't know ****, I only own them I don't know what sounds good

Last edited by mtx_is_the_best; 04-28-2003 at 10:32 PM.
mtx_is_the_best is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2003, 10:32 PM   #14
JLSeeker

2 8100D's firing 2 12w7's

JLSeeker is infamous around these partsJLSeeker is infamous around these partsJLSeeker is infamous around these partsJLSeeker is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Whatever..

I thought he was joking at first....but now I see he's serious.
JLSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2003, 10:36 PM   #15
Bilbo99

I got no dukes

Bilbo99 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

This is about subs.. not amps. The amps are ****, nobody said they were good did they?..

BUT I do own 2 hyper pro's and they do get loud.. hook them up to a half decent amp, then come back and talk more.

Also, I am not cheap I just don't have money to burn. If I could get money at will I would have some thunder 8000's right now..

Actully I don't know why I keep arguing with people who have thick skulls, I have heard almost all of the mainstream set-ups around here and mine gets just as loud, or louder than other 12's.. but I really couldn't care less what narrow minded indivdules think, I installed my subs right and they sound good, never had one complaint about them from anyone who was in my car or even people who found out they were Pyramid (they were shocked) Only complaints are they are hurting ppls ears.. but hey.. I guess I don't know ****, I only own them I don't know what sounds good
If you could care less what others think then why are you ranting on here. If your happy with them, great, thats all that matters.
Bilbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote