CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: Installation Help

Old 02-07-2004, 03:25 PM   #1
Astro (AUS)

Astro (AUS) is on a distinguished road

Blaupunkt 420 Stereo removal problems

Hi,

I have a 2000 model Holden/Opel Astra City Hatch. It came standard with radio cassette Blaupunkt 420 head unit in it. Im trying to remove this so as I can put a new CD head unit.

The problem is I can't get the old blaupunkt stereo out. Does anyone know how these units come out or know where i can find installation manuals for them or anything?

The unit comes with 4 small allen key bolts in the front of the unit. I've tried taking them out and using some coat hanger wire to poke down there to see if i could pop the unit out somehow but that wont work. It feels like there is still something holding the unit in and i can't get it out.

I've also had trouble getting any of the plastic dash around the unit off so as i can take a closer look at things.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME? Please any comments/help would be great.
Astro (AUS) is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 02-07-2004, 03:30 PM   #2
crx4luke

Accepting Donations

crx4luke is on a distinguished road

I pulled the Blaupunkt radio out of a 2004 Pontiac GTO yesterday (basically a Holden) that had the four holes like you described. I used 4 straight "pick" tools and pushed them towards the outside of the radio like a Ford, and pulled the radio out. It did take two sets of hands though to get it out.
crx4luke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2004, 03:34 PM   #3
Astro (AUS)

What is a "pick" tool?

I tried using 4 striaght bits of coat hanger wire.... is that the same sort of thing?

Sorry if the question seems a bit stupid, I'm new to the car audio get up.

Old 02-08-2004, 12:49 PM   #4
Astro (AUS)

Problem solved

well, for the record this is how you get the head unit out.

The Blaupunkt 420 needs a set of special made "keys" that you slot through the four small holes. These keys depress 4 hooks the prevent the unit form sliding out. I do believe you could use coat hanger wire, you just need to know where to push them out at the right spot.

Thanks for your help crx4luke.

Old 02-08-2004, 01:58 PM   #5
crx4luke

Accepting Donations

crx4luke is on a distinguished road

its a small hand tool about the size of a mini screwdriver, but the one i used just comes to a point. They come in 90 degree angles, and a hook style as well. very useful little tools when it comes to working on cars.
crx4luke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #6
hustllerr

hustllerr is on a distinguished road

hi i have the same car and have removed the stereo and am wondering if you know which colour wires are the power,battery and ground?
regards
hustllerr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #7
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustllerr View Post
hi i have the same car and have removed the stereo and am wondering if you know which colour wires are the power,battery and ground?
regards
The OP in this thread hasn't been here for 8 years (and the person answering him hasn't visited for 3), so I don't anticipate either member will be jumping in.

This forum is primarily North American, and we didn't get the Astra here until the late 2000's as a Saturn (then imported through GM)...unfortunately this was a different vehicle with different radio wiring. A UK-based Vauxhall or Opel specific forum may be a better bet, but try this (searched up via "the Google") and see if the colours sound right:

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co....iagram.136038/
basicxj is online now   Reply With Quote