CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: Installation Help

Old 05-05-2004, 03:21 AM   #1
aimsublime

I Love 6x9s !!!

aimsublime is on a distinguished road

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee aux input?

Trying to install a XM sat radio in a 2004 JGC. The radio is the dvd/navigation one with an "aux" button the radio. Just wondering what kind of connections are on the back of the radio and/or what adapters I'd need to hook up xm too it?

Don't want to use the rf modulator.
aimsublime is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 05-06-2004, 11:54 AM   #2
naldo

naldo is on a distinguished road

Slide it out, look on the back of the radio and check. Thats the best way to find out, you'll have to get back there when you install it anyway.
naldo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2004, 03:54 PM   #3
spitvalveV2.0

Now with Caffeine!

spitvalveV2.0 has a reputation beyond reputespitvalveV2.0 has a reputation beyond reputespitvalveV2.0 has a reputation beyond reputespitvalveV2.0 has a reputation beyond reputespitvalveV2.0 has a reputation beyond reputespitvalveV2.0 has a reputation beyond reputespitvalveV2.0 has a reputation beyond reputespitvalveV2.0 has a reputation beyond reputespitvalveV2.0 has a reputation beyond reputespitvalveV2.0 has a reputation beyond reputespitvalveV2.0 has a reputation beyond repute

PAC is getting pretty good about making CD changer RCA adapters for stock radio's for newer cars.

but my honest opinion, if you think you are going ot get any quality of sound benefit from going that route as opposed to FM modulated, you are mistaken
spitvalveV2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2004, 08:14 PM   #4
Vestax05pro

Associates

Location: USUC World Champion - Stock System Class, Super Street Division Special Edition Bose 26 piece speaker system with enhanced ported tweeters. 89.2 db Legal, 89.6 db Outlaw
Vestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond reputeVestax05pro has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely gonna need some sort of adaptor like PAC mentioned above along with Blitz and Peripheral products.
Vestax05pro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2004, 11:51 AM   #5
aimsublime

I Love 6x9s !!!

aimsublime is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys, I might just try the modulator first and see how it sounds. CAF Rocks!
aimsublime is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2004, 01:14 PM   #6
spitvalveV2.0

Now with Caffeine!

spitvalveV2.0 has a reputation beyond reputespitvalveV2.0 has a reputation beyond reputespitvalveV2.0 has a reputation beyond reputespitvalveV2.0 has a reputation beyond reputespitvalveV2.0 has a reputation beyond reputespitvalveV2.0 has a reputation beyond reputespitvalveV2.0 has a reputation beyond reputespitvalveV2.0 has a reputation beyond reputespitvalveV2.0 has a reputation beyond reputespitvalveV2.0 has a reputation beyond reputespitvalveV2.0 has a reputation beyond repute

god I love that bunny
spitvalveV2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote