CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 06-24-2005, 11:04 AM   #1
Trav8601

Trav8601 will become famous soon enoughTrav8601 will become famous soon enough

Optima vs Duralast battery

Hey, one last question for you. Everything in my system is complete besides a new battery, now I just have to pick one. The duralast battery seem like a decent deal, costing only $60.00, but do you think they will be good to run a system off of? Or do I really need to spend the $160.00 or so for a optima yellow top battery? Thanks for the input!
Trav8601 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 06-24-2005, 01:55 PM   #2
Papi_J

Papi_J has a reputation beyond reputePapi_J has a reputation beyond reputePapi_J has a reputation beyond reputePapi_J has a reputation beyond reputePapi_J has a reputation beyond reputePapi_J has a reputation beyond reputePapi_J has a reputation beyond reputePapi_J has a reputation beyond reputePapi_J has a reputation beyond reputePapi_J has a reputation beyond reputePapi_J has a reputation beyond repute

Everstart Duralast are wal-mart brand that AutoZone also has .
If you want cheaper , but still quality - go on eBay and find an Odyssey brand battery in your size / post config
Papi_J is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2005, 04:49 PM   #3
Trav8601

So are you saying you wouldnt reccomend the duralast then?

Old 06-25-2005, 01:28 PM   #4
FRITO

NEED WIRES OR RCAS? PM ME

FRITO has a reputation beyond reputeFRITO has a reputation beyond reputeFRITO has a reputation beyond reputeFRITO has a reputation beyond reputeFRITO has a reputation beyond reputeFRITO has a reputation beyond reputeFRITO has a reputation beyond reputeFRITO has a reputation beyond reputeFRITO has a reputation beyond reputeFRITO has a reputation beyond reputeFRITO has a reputation beyond repute

I believe duralast is a Sears brand? It is a good battery.

Everstart Maxx are walmart brand batts. they are the best walmart has to offer in my opinion.

Optimas are better than both in my opinion. If you want a deep cycle battery the optima yellow top is hard to beat. SVR also makes special deep cycle batteries for car audio.

But if you want a good starting battery the optima redtop is awesome, I just got one.

Luke
FRITO is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2005, 02:06 PM   #5
Trav8601

Well, i just want a battery that will be able to handle my system. If I need to , ill get an optima, but I dont want to pointlessly spend money.

Old 06-25-2005, 04:00 PM   #6
Feandil

My 2 RE 18" SXs are HERE!

Feandil has a brilliant futureFeandil has a brilliant futureFeandil has a brilliant futureFeandil has a brilliant futureFeandil has a brilliant futureFeandil has a brilliant futureFeandil has a brilliant futureFeandil has a brilliant futureFeandil has a brilliant futureFeandil has a brilliant futureFeandil has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav8601
Well, i just want a battery that will be able to handle my system. If I need to , ill get an optima, but I dont want to pointlessly spend money.

get the walmart brand for $60
2yr warranty so if it dies exchange it
for a system it's better than deep cycle simply cause it doesn't limit withdrawal amperages... though it will crap out faster than a Optima... but who cares with a 2 yr no questions asked warranty
Feandil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2005, 05:59 PM   #7
biker_2301

biker_2301 can only hope to improve

i am running 2 6 volt golf cart batteries in series. golf cart batterits have an insane reserve capasity. these batts are used along side a starting battery. an isolator seperates the 6 volters from my main battery- this prevents the stereo from draining my starting battery when my van is off. if you arent looking for a dual battery setup, id suggest getting perhaps a optima red top. or you could look for a battery that has a good sized reserve capisity. depending on where you live.. cold cranking amp value may be useless to you(that is if you live somewhere where it is hot all the time). i know my starting battery has over 1000 cold cranking amps. i do live in canada tho.. lol
biker_2301 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2005, 01:50 PM   #8
Trav8601

Alright, I think I am just going to go with a duralast from autozone. I doubt i really need a yellow top as I am only running 850 to possibly 1300 watts rms.

Old 06-26-2005, 02:49 PM   #9
cappy72

cappy72 will become famous soon enough

you might want to consider that yellow top
cappy72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2005, 04:12 PM   #10
PuffDaddy_d

PuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy72
you might want to consider that yellow top
why?

If he's not bumping with the engine off and doesn't have the radio set to volume 35 out of 30...lol...then he should be fine with a regular battery. Just let the alternator do its job and call it a day (and upgrade the Big 3 tomorrow).
PuffDaddy_d is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2005, 04:25 PM   #11
delvryboy

Big Boyz use Big Ampz

delvryboy is a splendid one to beholddelvryboy is a splendid one to beholddelvryboy is a splendid one to beholddelvryboy is a splendid one to beholddelvryboy is a splendid one to beholddelvryboy is a splendid one to beholddelvryboy is a splendid one to beholddelvryboy is a splendid one to behold

i had both yellow tops and duralast deep cycle/starting batteries.

i sold the yellow tops
delvryboy is offline   Reply With Quote