CarAudioForum.com

Old 11-09-2005, 11:31 AM   #1
soundblaster

soundblaster is on a distinguished road

lanzar opti amps ? and distortion

hello.
im a new user and i want to now please what do you think abute lanzar amp?

i have the 200x4 rms opti drive.
http://www.lanzar.com/itempage.asp?MODEL=OPTI200X4

and the lanzar opti 1400D .
http://www.lanzar.com/itempage.asp?MODEL=OPTI1400D

also i have the opti woofer 1234 with a 1000 watts rms !

http://www.lanzar.com/itempage.asp?MODEL=OPTI1232D.

when i connect the sub to the amp how can i tell if the woofer is in distortion?
thanks...

Last edited by soundblaster; 11-09-2005 at 02:48 PM.
soundblaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 11-10-2005, 08:16 AM   #2
soundblaster

anybody?

Old 11-10-2005, 08:21 AM   #3
sprackydoo

Location: "a 40oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good even though I feel bad" Sublime
sprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundblaster
hello.
im a new user and i want to now please what do you think abute lanzar amp?

i have the 200x4 rms opti drive.
http://www.lanzar.com/itempage.asp?MODEL=OPTI200X4

and the lanzar opti 1400D .
http://www.lanzar.com/itempage.asp?MODEL=OPTI1400D

also i have the opti woofer 1234 with a 1000 watts rms !

http://www.lanzar.com/itempage.asp?MODEL=OPTI1232D.

when i connect the sub to the amp how can i tell if the woofer is in distortion?
thanks...
uh you can't hear distortion?

Go to a local shop and ask them if they have an RTA or a term-lab (which has a built in o-scope that'll see if you're signal is clipping)
sprackydoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2005, 08:41 AM   #4
soundblaster

ok.
but how can i hear in general distor sound?
will my sub hendal a conection of 2 ohm from my 1400D amp ?

in the past i had the 1200D amp of lanzar that fvuck up 8 sub! ! ! of dragster ! one at the time ...and its turn up that the amp sends DC to the woofer so i chang it to the 1400D opti.

Last edited by soundblaster; 11-10-2005 at 08:44 AM.

Old 11-10-2005, 08:58 AM   #5
sprackydoo

Location: "a 40oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good even though I feel bad" Sublime
sprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond reputesprackydoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ok.
but how can i hear in general distor sound?
will my sub hendal a conection of 2 ohm from my 1400D amp ?

in the past i had the 1200D amp of lanzar that fvuck up 8 sub! ! ! of dragster ! one at the time ...and its turn up that the amp sends DC to the woofer so i chang it to the 1400D opti.
Your sub doesn't handle the resistance your amp does. If your amp was sending out DC that means your amp was fried nothing to do with your subs.

Old 11-10-2005, 09:03 AM   #6
soundblaster

all sub go to the dealer back !

that is not the case ...
i want to now if my opti sub can handle a 2 ohm conection from my 1400D opti amp ....?

Old 11-10-2005, 09:07 AM   #7
sprackydoo

Quote:
all sub go to the dealer back !

that is not the case ...
i want to now if my opti sub can handle a 2 ohm conection from my 1400D opti amp ....?
Once again your sub doesn't handle resistance. Look at the specs of your amp it will tell you how low your amp can go. If your sub is 4ohms or 2 ohms that's all it can be if it's dual 2ohm it can be 1ohm or 4ohm, if it' dual 4ohm it can b 2ohm or 8ohm just depends on how you wire it

Old 11-10-2005, 02:17 PM   #8
soundblaster

my woofer is 2 ohm dvc how do i connect it to be 2 ohm?
connect only one pair of the voise coil?

thanks...

Old 11-10-2005, 04:17 PM   #9
sprackydoo

Quote:
my woofer is 2 ohm dvc how do i connect it to be 2 ohm?
connect only one pair of the voise coil?

thanks...
You can only wire it to 1 or 4ohms. If you want one sub to have a final 2ohm load you need 4DVC However if you got another 2DVC sub you could wire them together (series-parallel) for 2ohm

Old 11-10-2005, 09:20 PM   #10
N2Audio

N2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant future

you mentioned having the 1234, then you linked to the 1232. The 1234 can be wired for 2 ohms, the 1232 for 1 ohm. Either sub would be fine with the 1400D, but at 2 ohms it puts out 800w, at 1 ohm about 1000w.
N2Audio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2005, 10:24 PM   #11
Waldodamon

Waldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond reputeWaldodamon has a reputation beyond repute

Who is this guy? From reading his posts, he talks like Yoda....
Waldodamon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2005, 11:37 PM   #12
Mr. Bentwrench

Mr. Bentwrench has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bentwrench has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bentwrench has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bentwrench has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bentwrench has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bentwrench has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bentwrench has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bentwrench has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bentwrench has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bentwrench has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bentwrench has a reputation beyond repute

Israel. Play nice.
Mr. Bentwrench is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2005, 01:59 AM   #13
Papi_J

Papi_J has a reputation beyond reputePapi_J has a reputation beyond reputePapi_J has a reputation beyond reputePapi_J has a reputation beyond reputePapi_J has a reputation beyond reputePapi_J has a reputation beyond reputePapi_J has a reputation beyond reputePapi_J has a reputation beyond reputePapi_J has a reputation beyond reputePapi_J has a reputation beyond reputePapi_J has a reputation beyond repute

Greeting soundblaster - wire your sub to a 1 ohm load and turn the gains down all the way .
Turn all bass boost off , and all bass EQ off on yoru head unit and amp .
turn your gains up slowly while playing your favorite HEAVY bass CD until teh head unit volume reaches 3/4 of maximum volume and listen for distortion .
The bass notes will not sound clear and concise they will sound like they are hitting teh same note twice somewhat ..
Papi_J is offline   Reply With Quote