CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 01-16-2006, 05:05 AM   #31
geolemon

Addict

geolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond repute

We got them all at dealer cost. I haven't paid anything for them yet... I'm sure I'd need to give them that to fully call them "mine".
I don't do much SPL'ing these days.
geolemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2006, 05:10 AM   #32
seedubs1

seedubs1 has a reputation beyond reputeseedubs1 has a reputation beyond reputeseedubs1 has a reputation beyond reputeseedubs1 has a reputation beyond reputeseedubs1 has a reputation beyond reputeseedubs1 has a reputation beyond reputeseedubs1 has a reputation beyond reputeseedubs1 has a reputation beyond reputeseedubs1 has a reputation beyond reputeseedubs1 has a reputation beyond reputeseedubs1 has a reputation beyond repute

so you really cant sell the 18"?

So why did you post that you could, just out of curriosity?

And if you can sell it, how much would you want? I have a friend that may be interested. Hes been looking for a good sub to shake the **** out of his integra for a while now.
seedubs1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2006, 05:40 AM   #33
geolemon

Addict

geolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond reputegeolemon has a reputation beyond repute

I absolutely can. We're doing nothing with them.
I just need to find out the cost.
I never said I couldn't sell the 18"... I just mentioned we took it out of the box.
geolemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2006, 05:52 AM   #34
extreambass

extreambass is infamous around these partsextreambass is infamous around these partsextreambass is infamous around these parts

Thanks guys.
extreambass is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2006, 05:59 AM   #35
seedubs1

seedubs1 has a reputation beyond reputeseedubs1 has a reputation beyond reputeseedubs1 has a reputation beyond reputeseedubs1 has a reputation beyond reputeseedubs1 has a reputation beyond reputeseedubs1 has a reputation beyond reputeseedubs1 has a reputation beyond reputeseedubs1 has a reputation beyond reputeseedubs1 has a reputation beyond reputeseedubs1 has a reputation beyond reputeseedubs1 has a reputation beyond repute

sweetness. When you find out how much you can let them go for, hit me up. I might be interested in the jug 18".
seedubs1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2006, 06:30 AM   #36
extreambass

extreambass is infamous around these partsextreambass is infamous around these partsextreambass is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geolemon
I absolutely can. We're doing nothing with them.
I just need to find out the cost.
I never said I couldn't sell the 18"... I just mentioned we took it out of the box.
was the dreadnaut impressive? i can get the 18 for 550 worth it?
extreambass is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2006, 08:04 AM   #37
Warbleed

Warbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond repute

The XXX and Brahma are the most accurate of the 4 drivers, and the XXX has the edge in powerhandling, if you want abuse. However, neither driver is really designed with SPL Competition in mind. That is not to say they cannot be used in such applications, just that they are not really ideal.

I only choose drivers based on sound, as sufficient SPL for balanced sound is really a trivial thing, so I'd probably take the Brahma or XXX.
The origin of all science is the desire to know causes, and the origin of all false science and imposture is the desire to accept false causes rather than none; or, which is the same thing, in the unwillingness to acknowledge our own ignorance.
- William Hazlitt
Warbleed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2006, 03:30 PM   #38
Polecat

just Livin' Loud!

Polecat has a reputation beyond reputePolecat has a reputation beyond reputePolecat has a reputation beyond reputePolecat has a reputation beyond reputePolecat has a reputation beyond reputePolecat has a reputation beyond reputePolecat has a reputation beyond reputePolecat has a reputation beyond reputePolecat has a reputation beyond reputePolecat has a reputation beyond reputePolecat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEE Audio Inc.
SOLO-X's are definetly not a good Daily. The brahma's, and XXX's on the other hand are very nice subs.

The SOLO-X, in my opinion is all a marketing gimmick. I have seen more voice coil's/spare's blow on those things than anything in the world. And now they are getting harder to get so when you blow your's just be known you may have a 50 pound paper weight or door stopper.
95% of the ones we sell are daily drivers, and I have had the pleasure of auditioning multiple sub setups this year, and to date the best setup I did was a single ported X 12".
Marketing gimmick? You obviously know noting of the Solo X then. The woofer was designed for SPL and has a field replaceable cone which you can swap in about 2 minutes, does it work...yep...
I can show you more than a handlful of guys using them and adding 4000-5000 watts to them in street classes and doing very, very well. Add that power to any sub and say it will never ,ever need a new coil and I'll prove you wrong.
The times you see any broken cone or burnt coils on them is in compeition vehicles doing 170+, and that's a ton of perssure and will take a toll on any product.

No manufacture can make any product 'consumer' proof. Anyone can blow a sub, takes more talent to make one last.
Polecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2006, 05:02 PM   #39
Pressurized

4X NSPL World Champion

Pressurized has a reputation beyond reputePressurized has a reputation beyond reputePressurized has a reputation beyond reputePressurized has a reputation beyond reputePressurized has a reputation beyond reputePressurized has a reputation beyond reputePressurized has a reputation beyond reputePressurized has a reputation beyond reputePressurized has a reputation beyond reputePressurized has a reputation beyond reputePressurized has a reputation beyond repute

My teamate Erik runs the X's. He uses four KX1200's at 18v per sub. Sure he has tossed a couple, but damn that's a ton of power.

I saw him recone an X in about five minutes. The Solo-X is one of the smartest designs I have seen in years. Instead of mailing a 100 pound sub to be reconed, he simply mailed a four or so pound basket and cone back.
Pressurized is offline   Reply With Quote