CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: Subwoofers

Old 01-29-2007, 05:07 PM   #1
DJ_Queue

DJ_Queue can only hope to improve

American Hifi / New System

Is 'everything' American Hifi makes garbage? I mean nothing of their's at all is any good, is that correct? Thus far, I've dug up from their sites and contact information they make all of the following:

Rockwood
Kenford
DHD Power Cruiser
Performance Teknique
Volfenhag
Koiiler
American Pro
Precision Audio
Phoenix Digital (Not Phoenix Gold)
Phonics Digital
Nitro Audio
Audiofonics

I'm sure there may be more. I always liked some of the stuff from Rockwood, DHD, and Volfenhag but not their cheapest **** either...you know, the stuff that has magnets that are soda-can diameter.

I'm building a new system for my new Explorer, my previous was all mixed components. Without regard to people's advice (saying that there isn't one company that makes all that's required well), I want all matched components (head unit, speakers, subs, amps). Some of the above listed brands were on my list until I was googling around found their all made by the same damn company. I simply don't like Pioneer or Sony. I'd also considered going all Panasonic, or Blaupunkt. Anyone have any input? Like I said, I'm going strictly for a fully (company) matched component system.

I know there is one thing worse than American Hifi products, and that's Pyramid. Them and their bloody "Legacy" and "Blitz" audio fronts are garbage, and that I know from experience. Anyway,

Thanks for your advice.
--Queue

Last edited by DJ_Queue; 01-29-2007 at 05:23 PM.
DJ_Queue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 01-29-2007, 05:10 PM   #2
Jethro

Jethro has a reputation beyond reputeJethro has a reputation beyond reputeJethro has a reputation beyond reputeJethro has a reputation beyond reputeJethro has a reputation beyond reputeJethro has a reputation beyond reputeJethro has a reputation beyond reputeJethro has a reputation beyond reputeJethro has a reputation beyond reputeJethro has a reputation beyond reputeJethro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Queue
Is 'everything' American Hifi makes garbage? I mean nothing of their's at all is any good, is that correct? Thus far, I've dug up from their sites and contact information they make all of the following:

Rockwood
Kenford
DHD Power Cruiser
Performance Teknique
Volfenhag
Koiiler
American Pro
Precision Audio
Phoenix Digital (Not Phoenix Gold)
Nitro Audio

I'm sure there may be more. I always liked some of the stuff from Rockwood, DHD, and Volfenhag but not their cheapest **** either...you know, the stuff that has magnets that are soda-can diameter.

Thanks for your advice.
--Queue
It is all complete shit, sir.
Jethro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2007, 06:17 PM   #3
PuffDaddy_d

PuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond reputePuffDaddy_d has a reputation beyond repute

It's very hard to find many companies that make all the car stereo products that you need...much less finding one that makes them all WELL.

Mixing and matching truly is the best way to get the best all-around setup.

Alpine makes nice quality HU's, speakers, amps, and subs; however, their mid-level HU's are lacking VALUABLE features that they once offered, and you may simply not like the sound of their speakers, or you may simply desire more output than their subs can offer, or maybe you need more powerful amps. This is why we mix and match, but obviously, you can't look at products from companies like American Hifi to do your mixing and matching.
PuffDaddy_d is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2007, 06:20 PM   #4
SPL BRONCO II

SPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
It is all complete shit, sir.

Hank
SPL BRONCO II is offline   Reply With Quote