CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 06-15-2007, 02:58 PM   #16
Bass2Loud

Bass2Loud has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet_Vette
I agree. I've spoken to Jason a few times and he does indeed sell below distribution prices and we as forum members get discounts from that.

I really doubt you'll find cheaper unless it's older and someone's trying to get rid of old stock.
I'll pm him.
Bass2Loud is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2007, 03:19 PM   #17
Bass2Loud

Bass2Loud has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Buy from JasonPaul
Bass2Loud is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2007, 07:33 PM   #18
SamXp

SamXp is a glorious beacon of lightSamXp is a glorious beacon of lightSamXp is a glorious beacon of lightSamXp is a glorious beacon of lightSamXp is a glorious beacon of lightSamXp is a glorious beacon of light

Ok, got it. Get in touch with Jason Paul.
Does anyone know the crossover point for the CVL's?

Last edited by SamXp; 06-15-2007 at 07:39 PM.
SamXp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2007, 08:11 PM   #19
SPL BRONCO II

SPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolbsss
Exactly what i was thinking. These P.G. Elites are basically Morel comps with a better Xover and a fraction of the price tag.

Hank
SPL BRONCO II is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2007, 11:17 PM   #20
SamXp

SamXp is a glorious beacon of lightSamXp is a glorious beacon of lightSamXp is a glorious beacon of lightSamXp is a glorious beacon of lightSamXp is a glorious beacon of lightSamXp is a glorious beacon of light

The more I look at those PG Elites, the more I like them. About the only thing that tempts me away from them are the Morel Hybrid Ovation's with their 1800Hz crossover point. If only someone would tip me in that direction, I might go over that edge... LOL

Old 06-16-2007, 12:10 AM   #21
Kennyg

Kennyg has a reputation beyond reputeKennyg has a reputation beyond reputeKennyg has a reputation beyond reputeKennyg has a reputation beyond reputeKennyg has a reputation beyond reputeKennyg has a reputation beyond reputeKennyg has a reputation beyond reputeKennyg has a reputation beyond reputeKennyg has a reputation beyond reputeKennyg has a reputation beyond reputeKennyg has a reputation beyond repute

Rainbow Germaniums.
Kennyg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2007, 12:40 AM   #22
peter_euro

peter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamXp
The more I look at those PG Elites, the more I like them. About the only thing that tempts me away from them are the Morel Hybrid Ovation's with their 1800Hz crossover point. If only someone would tip me in that direction, I might go over that edge... LOL
PG are morel elite, elite line is above ovation... what does that 1800 point refer to? It may be mids lo pass but no way in hell it is tweet hi pass... Morel typically hi passes their tweets above 3k...
peter_euro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2007, 07:36 AM   #23
SamXp

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_euro
PG are morel elite, elite line is above ovation... what does that 1800 point refer to? It may be mids lo pass but no way in hell it is tweet hi pass... Morel typically hi passes their tweets above 3k...
Do you mean Morel Elate? I don't see an Elite line. If so, then I'm sold on PG.

Morel claims that the "crossover point" is 1800Hz for the Hybrid Ovation and Elate 2ways. That certainly implies that both the tweeter and midrange crossover at that point. This would practically make this sound like a 3-way with a midrange and tweet installed high in the doors.
http://www.morelhifi.com/products/mob_2way_hybrid.html

This review also goes into more detail:
Quote:
The MT-22 tweeter also incorporates the Hexatech voice coil technology. The oversized 1.1 inch tweeter has an impressively low 950Hz free-air resonance. Most tweeters have a free-air resonance three and four times that! This low resonance and high thermal power handling allows for Hybrid Ovation 6 to use an extremely low crossover point of 1800 Hz. Even more important, the robust MT-22 is sturdy enough to handle the demanding first order 6dB per octave crossover slope.

Last edited by SamXp; 06-16-2007 at 07:40 AM.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:04 AM   #24
peter_euro

peter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond reputepeter_euro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you mean Morel Elate? I don't see an Elite line. If so, then I'm sold on PG.

Morel claims that the "crossover point" is 1800Hz for the Hybrid Ovation and Elate 2ways. That certainly implies that both the tweeter and midrange crossover at that point. This would practically make this sound like a 3-way with a midrange and tweet installed high in the doors.
http://www.morelhifi.com/products/mob_2way_hybrid.html

This review also goes into more detail:
Yes, I meant Elate... There is no way to get any meaningful power handling/output and 1800 Hz hi pass for those tweets... No matter how steep the filter slope is... Something is wrong with this whole thing, I know those tweets...

BTW, weren't you asking about Dotech Ovation not Hybrid Ovation...? Dotech Ovation has more realistic crossover point although I still do not know if this is hi or lo pass or both?

Last edited by peter_euro; 06-16-2007 at 08:09 AM.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:15 AM   #25
SamXp

Yeah, I was looking at the Dotech Ovation. In which case, I would definitely rather go with the PG Elite. I have a hard time believing Morel would stoop to marketing racketry, but if the 1800Hz Xover point is bogus, then that answers that. I am having just as hard a time as you are, believing that a 1.1" tweeter has a Fs of 950Hz, but that is Morel's claim.
Here are the specs they claim:
Quote:
The MT-22 tweeter with 28mm (1 1/8") diameter aluminum Hexatech voice coil is hand coated with Acuflex, a special material that provides good damping for the soft dome and reduces distortion. The MT-22 tweeter offers smoother linear frequency response, enhanced low midrange reproduction, and crystal clear high frequencies. The Tweeter's compact dimensions allow great flexibility in mounting.

SPECIFICATIONS MT-22 TWEETER
Nominal Impedance 4 Ohm
Power Handling 110W
Max. Transient Power Handling 300W
Sensitivity (2.83V/1M) 91 dB
Frequency Response 1600-25000Hz
FS 950Hz
Voice Coil Diameter 28mm (1 1/8")
Voice Coil Former Aluminum
Voice Coil Wire Hexatech Aluminum
DC Resistance 3.4 Ohm
Magnet System Neodymium
Dome Type Acuflex Soft Dome
Dome Material Silk
Unit Diameter 45mm (1.8")
Mounting Depth 20mm (0.8")
Mounting Cutout 50mm (2")
Net Weight 0.06kg (0.13lb)

Last edited by SamXp; 06-16-2007 at 08:17 AM.

Old 06-16-2007, 10:01 AM   #26
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond repute

I've only heard two set's of DLS components in my life. But they made me into a DLS whore.
So I have to recommend these.

Last edited by ComfortablyNumb; 06-16-2007 at 01:47 PM.
ComfortablyNumb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2007, 11:37 AM   #27
peter_euro

Quote:
Yeah, I was looking at the Dotech Ovation. In which case, I would definitely rather go with the PG Elite. I have a hard time believing Morel would stoop to marketing racketry, but if the 1800Hz Xover point is bogus, then that answers that. I am having just as hard a time as you are, believing that a 1.1" tweeter has a Fs of 950Hz, but that is Morel's claim.
Here are the specs they claim:
I am familiar with these tweets, BS by any account.... Fs is correct but there is no way these tweets would take this kind of power at that crossover point, this is based on personal experience...

Old 06-16-2007, 12:08 PM   #28
peter_euro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb
I've only heard two set's of DLS components in my life. But the made me into a DLS whore.
So I have to recommend these.
nice to see you pimp morel stuff as well

Old 06-16-2007, 12:22 PM   #29
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Oz Matrix - Killer midbass and smooth response.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=4717
Jimi77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2007, 01:48 PM   #30
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond reputeComfortablyNumb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_euro
nice to see you pimp morel stuff as well
DLS is made by Morel? IDK that.
ComfortablyNumb is offline   Reply With Quote