CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: Advanced

Old 11-23-2000, 08:13 PM   #1
eseidel

eseidel is on a distinguished road

Lost Key CD for Eclipse head unit, HELP

I own an Eclipse 5340 head unit. I was a moron and used a very local band's cd as the key cd. I lost the CD and I never registered my stereo because I installed it myself, so I thought that I would not be able to register it. It turns out I can but I just dont get an addition 2 year warrenty. The lady at Eclipse says that if I fax her the receipt(to prove that I actually own the CD player and did not steal it) then she will tell me how to override the Key CD feature. Does anyone know how to do this? I cant fax her the receipt till Monday because the office is closed and I am dying without my car stereo. If you know how to override the Key CD please give me an e-mail, I will be eternally grateful. I promise that the stereo is mine and not stolen. Please help me if you can. Thanks and have a great Thanksgiving.

-Eric
eseidel is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 11-24-2000, 09:25 PM   #2
Jim Streib

Jim Streib is on a distinguished road

If you can get another CD with the same table of contents then that would work. Did the band make more than 1 CD ?. If it was a store bought CD all you would have to do would be to get the same CD. The units code off of the table of contents. When I had training with them years ago Eclipse had unlock CD's for when they were returned to the factory and no matter how we tried wiring it we couold not bypass the security feature.
Jim Streib is offline   Reply With Quote