CarAudioForum.com

Old 05-10-2009, 12:03 AM   #1
kjw781

kjw781 is on a distinguished road

Wiring Help

Hey Everyone,

I have a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the stock cassette player. I was interested in getting a CD player so I wouldn't just be stuck with the radio. I'm on a pretty tight budget so I bought an Insignia NS-C3112A on ebay. I thought it would be perfect, I could play CDs, MP3s, and connect my ipod to the front aux. I also purchased a dash install kit, and the appropriate wiring harness for the Jeep. The Insignia did not come with a wiring harness, and the only thing I could find that would fit was a harness from a local audio shop from an old insignia or audiovox. I assumed the wires from the harness would be appropriatley color coded since the harness fit perfectly, even though I was not entirely sure what type of radio the harness was from. I searched everywhere and could not find a diagram outlining what each of the pins was on the Insignia.

Anyway, since then I have had some trouble getting the unit running, as outlined in the general threads section. I was wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for the Insignia NS-C3112, or a picture of the location of each of the wires coming from the unit's harness? I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Kev
Kev
kjw781 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 05-10-2009, 01:20 AM   #2
1987lxi

1987lxi is on a distinguished road

here is the link to get the pdf manual frm the webite at insignia. hope this helps

http://www.insigniaproducts.com/prod.../NS-C3112.html
1987lxi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2009, 01:25 AM   #3
kjw781

Thanks for looking. That is the same as the manual that I received with the unit. Unfortunately, there is no helpful wiring information in there. The manual just assumes you have the harness that came with the unit. Any other ideas on where I can get a diagram? I've already tried insignia, and it seems like they staff their support center with mindless people who try to read the manual to you.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:40 AM   #4
1987lxi

go to tht link and view the pdf and goto page 12. the wire harness diagram is on tht page. and it should b on the same page in the manual u have. if u need a new harness goto bestbuy and ask if they have them

Old 05-10-2009, 01:46 AM   #5
kjw781

I asked best buy. They said they only sell the vehicle specific harnesses, and don't sell the harnesses that connect to the units. The diagram on the 12th page doesn't show what pin each of the wires connects to on the back of the unit. I've also called insignia, and they told me to go to best buy for the harness, go figure.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:48 AM   #6
1987lxi

i dnt kno wat to tell u then homie. sorry man. get a new player.