CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 07-21-2009, 04:24 PM   #1
03eclipse

03eclipse has a little shameless behaviour in the past

best amp for my (2) 12w6v2's JL slash 1000.1 or hifonics 2000.1

ok so i got 2 12w6v2s going in my trunk the car is a convertible so i need alot of power to hear it in front of the car... i can get the hifonics on the internet for around 300 shipped (the 2008 model and maybe the 2010 too)

i found a guy who has a NEW JL amp slash 1000.1 he will sell it to me for $350 AND throw in a stinger compositor, he lost his job and need cash fast, he is a good guy. he had a jl amp that broke, when he send it in for repair they lost it and gave him a new one but it took forever for them to make good on losing his amp, so he bought a dif. in the mean time. so this one has never been used still in the original box...

i also have a extra battery (red top) i will mounting in the trunk but i will be keeping the stock alternator, i know the hifoinics is stronger then it needs to be but i doubt i will have 14 volts going to it i bet its more like 12.5 - 13 and i can just turn the gain down

and another thing to think about is those subs the w6's are DVC subs so i can only run them at 4 or 1 ohm the JL amp is only good from 4 to 1.5 ohm so i hope it will make a 1000 watts at 4 ohm with less them 14 volts

i want this to be really loud i want to set off car alarms when i pass by, the subs will be in a ported box

i will be buy an amp on thursday so please help asap
03eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 07-21-2009, 04:38 PM   #2
Suprefly

Suprefly is a splendid one to beholdSuprefly is a splendid one to beholdSuprefly is a splendid one to beholdSuprefly is a splendid one to beholdSuprefly is a splendid one to beholdSuprefly is a splendid one to beholdSuprefly is a splendid one to behold

You're seriously trying to compare JL to Hifonics?????
Suprefly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #3
Postman

Postman has much to be proud ofPostman has much to be proud ofPostman has much to be proud ofPostman has much to be proud ofPostman has much to be proud ofPostman has much to be proud ofPostman has much to be proud ofPostman has much to be proud ofPostman has much to be proud ofPostman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03eclipse View Post
ok so i got 2 12w6v2s going in my trunk the car is a convertible so i need alot of power to hear it in front of the car... i can get the hifonics on the internet for around 300 shipped (the 2008 model and maybe the 2010 too)

i found a guy who has a NEW JL amp slash 1000.1 he will sell it to me for $350 AND throw in a stinger compositor, he lost his job and need cash fast, he is a good guy. he had a jl amp that broke, when he send it in for repair they lost it and gave him a new one but it took forever for them to make good on losing his amp, so he bought a dif. in the mean time. so this one has never been used still in the original box...

i also have a extra battery (red top) i will mounting in the trunk but i will be keeping the stock alternator, i know the hifoinics is stronger then it needs to be but i doubt i will have 14 volts going to it i bet its more like 12.5 - 13 and i can just turn the gain down

and another thing to think about is those subs the w6's are DVC subs so i can only run them at 4 or 1 ohm the JL amp is only good from 4 to 1.5 ohm so i hope it will make a 1000 watts at 4 ohm with less them 14 volts

i want this to be really loud i want to set off car alarms when i pass by, the subs will be in a ported box

i will be buy an amp on thursday so please help asap
good price if the seller is on the up and up and tell him to keep the compositor,better yet get it and sell it.
Postman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2009, 06:23 PM   #4
skatforninezero

skatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud ofskatforninezero has much to be proud of

I wouldn't fux around with hifonics. JL is of such higher quality...
skatforninezero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2009, 07:38 PM   #5
03eclipse

so even thought the hifonics will do more watts do you think the JL will get as loud and hit as hard as the hifonics

i knnow JL is way better but if its not going to work with my system as well at a hifonics 2000.1 would then there would be no need for it...

suprafly the last JL amp i had was the e1800 and it blow 3 times i fixed it twice then ran it over... so i'm not that impressed with JL right now..

but the last system i had was that e1800 amp and 2 hx2's in a sealed box it hit really hard when it worked, i want my new system with the 2 12w6's to be louder then that was...

has anyone heard 2 12w6v2 powered by any amps close to these, did it slam, like how far away could you here them coming..

Old 07-21-2009, 07:57 PM   #6
ogg

ogg has a reputation beyond reputeogg has a reputation beyond reputeogg has a reputation beyond reputeogg has a reputation beyond reputeogg has a reputation beyond reputeogg has a reputation beyond reputeogg has a reputation beyond reputeogg has a reputation beyond reputeogg has a reputation beyond reputeogg has a reputation beyond reputeogg has a reputation beyond repute

How about some better options:
http://www.powermaxelectronics.com/p...8&idcategory=0
http://www.powermaxelectronics.com/p...96&idcategory=
ogg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #7
Postman

Postman has much to be proud ofPostman has much to be proud ofPostman has much to be proud ofPostman has much to be proud ofPostman has much to be proud ofPostman has much to be proud ofPostman has much to be proud ofPostman has much to be proud ofPostman has much to be proud ofPostman has much to be proud of

why are you linking 2k amps?,headroom is nice but no need for 1k headroom

Old 07-21-2009, 08:21 PM   #8
SPL BRONCO II

SPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond repute

JL Audio is overpriced and Hifonics is lacking quality and durability.
SPL BRONCO II is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2009, 08:24 PM   #9
Postman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL BRONCO II View Post
JL Audio is overpriced and Hifonics is lacking quality and durability.
it's not when he can get it for 350 though

Old 07-21-2009, 08:26 PM   #10
ogg

ogg has a reputation beyond reputeogg has a reputation beyond reputeogg has a reputation beyond reputeogg has a reputation beyond reputeogg has a reputation beyond reputeogg has a reputation beyond reputeogg has a reputation beyond reputeogg has a reputation beyond reputeogg has a reputation beyond reputeogg has a reputation beyond reputeogg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman View Post
why are you linking 2k amps?,headroom is nice but no need for 1k headroom
I actually just realized that
I should have linked these: these:http://www.powermaxelectronics.com/p...&idcategory=10 and http://www.powermaxelectronics.com/p...p?idproduct=97

Old 07-21-2009, 08:36 PM   #11
dbleon

dbleon is infamous around these partsdbleon is infamous around these partsdbleon is infamous around these partsdbleon is infamous around these partsdbleon is infamous around these partsdbleon is infamous around these partsdbleon is infamous around these partsdbleon is infamous around these partsdbleon is infamous around these partsdbleon is infamous around these partsdbleon is infamous around these parts

Check out the the Clarion dpx series amps for cheap, clean power. They are a Robert Zeff class G/H design and are pretty much clones of the very desirable and pricey ARC audio SE line. Better than anything reccommended and will stomp anything in the price range. Merry x-mas

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_020DPX1...51.html?tp=115
dbleon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2009, 09:43 PM   #12
ogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbleon View Post
Check out the the Clarion dpx series amps for cheap, clean power. They are a Robert Zeff class G/H design and are pretty much clones of the very desirable and pricey ARC audio SE line. Better than anything reccommended and will stomp anything in the price range. Merry x-mas

That is a nice amp

Last edited by ogg; 07-21-2009 at 10:16 PM.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:59 PM   #13
SPL BRONCO II

SPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman View Post
it's not when he can get it for 350 though
I would grab the JL.
SPL BRONCO II is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2009, 11:59 PM   #14
03eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbleon View Post

but if i used that amp i would have to use the 4ohm mode and that would give me 850w the JL is going to do 1000w, but that amp does look really nice, and its right in my price range

the subs are DVC so i can only run 1 ohm or 4 ohm each sub handles 600w rms

but again it looks like a sweat amp, they have that JL amp list on there for over 1000 bucks, i'm getting it NEW for $350, the guy here had it listed for over 2 months he just need so cash, i almost feel bad taking it from him that cheap. he is selling me a 12w6v2 for a $150 too also not a bad idea, and the free compositor he will give that to me if i just buy the sub so its no big deal

why is the JL amp so expensive

Old 07-22-2009, 12:14 AM   #15
Suprefly

Suprefly is a splendid one to beholdSuprefly is a splendid one to beholdSuprefly is a splendid one to beholdSuprefly is a splendid one to beholdSuprefly is a splendid one to beholdSuprefly is a splendid one to beholdSuprefly is a splendid one to behold

Just get an AQ1200D.
Suprefly is offline   Reply With Quote