CarAudioForum.com

Old 08-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #1
dave_lufc

dave_lufc is on a distinguished road

Pulsing Subwoofer

Hi there,

my system has been fitted for 6 months without a problem, however all of a sudden i turned on my car and without any volume there was a constant 'pulsing and thumping' sound, i've realised that when i dissconnect the rca cables it stops,

can someone please tell me why this is happens and what to do to fix the problem.

also i'm new so sorry if i posted this in the wrong place or something

Dave
dave_lufc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 08-08-2009, 05:12 AM   #2
SMM2469

SMM2469 is infamous around these partsSMM2469 is infamous around these partsSMM2469 is infamous around these partsSMM2469 is infamous around these parts

Check this thread out here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorboating

Also, try swapping out for another amplifier; I have seen this with a few defective amplifiers. Use process of elimination with friends' components and you should be able to easily find the issue.
SMM2469 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2009, 05:28 AM   #3
Wazzup592

Wazzup592 is infamous around these partsWazzup592 is infamous around these partsWazzup592 is infamous around these partsWazzup592 is infamous around these partsWazzup592 is infamous around these partsWazzup592 is infamous around these partsWazzup592 is infamous around these parts

Try swapping rca cables before you go through all the trouble in swapping an amp
Wazzup592 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2009, 05:45 AM   #4
greybush

greybush has a reputation beyond reputegreybush has a reputation beyond reputegreybush has a reputation beyond reputegreybush has a reputation beyond reputegreybush has a reputation beyond reputegreybush has a reputation beyond reputegreybush has a reputation beyond reputegreybush has a reputation beyond reputegreybush has a reputation beyond reputegreybush has a reputation beyond reputegreybush has a reputation beyond repute

it stops because you take the audio signal away from the amp, without signal the amp has nothing to play. Check your ground, it should be on bare metal, not attached to a seatbelt bolt or anywhere with paint on it. If it's connected to either, scratch off an area of paint down to bare metal, screw it down and make sure it doesn't move when you try to wiggle it. If problem persists try running a new set of RCA's
greybush is offline   Reply With Quote