CarAudioForum.com

Old 09-11-2009, 02:24 AM   #1
subaru_legacy

subaru_legacy is a splendid one to beholdsubaru_legacy is a splendid one to beholdsubaru_legacy is a splendid one to beholdsubaru_legacy is a splendid one to beholdsubaru_legacy is a splendid one to beholdsubaru_legacy is a splendid one to beholdsubaru_legacy is a splendid one to beholdsubaru_legacy is a splendid one to behold

planet audio amp?

ok i still havent gotten an amp for my front stage ( a set of focal access 165's) but i found a planet audio amp that i can get for 250 brand new. http://www.planetaudiousa.com/main/593 im not sure if its a good amp or not you tell me. my local dealer can get it for me for 250ish. i want a 4 channel just b/c i may add in rear fill if i dont like just the fronts hooked up. let me know what you guys think of that amp.

thanx,
Subaru_legacy
subaru_legacy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 09-11-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
N2Audio

N2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant future

I'm running Lanzar's version of that amp -- the opti4x400d. Very similar design, but I think that PA is a step up in power.
It's been great so far (about a month). The Class D circuitry doesn't seem to be an issue for sound quality. The small size/weight is great too, but I'm chasing an alt noise problem my Zed amp in the same installation didn't have.

Last edited by N2Audio; 09-11-2009 at 02:45 PM.
N2Audio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2009, 08:30 PM   #3
magnetopenguino

magnetopenguino is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure how applicable this is, but I recently got a BB1250.1 hooked up to my subs and I'm happy with the quality so far.
magnetopenguino is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2009, 02:52 AM   #4
Type_X

Type_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond reputeType_X has a reputation beyond repute

Hank

Type_X is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2009, 04:09 AM   #5
neillio

neillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond repute

I can get you a Planet Audio amp if you want one. I'll even meet you when I get it in.
neillio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2009, 02:46 AM   #6
subaru_legacy

subaru_legacy is a splendid one to beholdsubaru_legacy is a splendid one to beholdsubaru_legacy is a splendid one to beholdsubaru_legacy is a splendid one to beholdsubaru_legacy is a splendid one to beholdsubaru_legacy is a splendid one to beholdsubaru_legacy is a splendid one to beholdsubaru_legacy is a splendid one to behold

i may get that amp since its cheaper and is 150.4 at 4 ohms. will it put out clean effcient power or not?
subaru_legacy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2009, 02:54 AM   #7
ma_tt316

ma_tt316 has a reputation beyond reputema_tt316 has a reputation beyond reputema_tt316 has a reputation beyond reputema_tt316 has a reputation beyond reputema_tt316 has a reputation beyond reputema_tt316 has a reputation beyond reputema_tt316 has a reputation beyond reputema_tt316 has a reputation beyond reputema_tt316 has a reputation beyond reputema_tt316 has a reputation beyond reputema_tt316 has a reputation beyond repute

Those are solid amps. I almost got that amp but found out it was a tad too long.
ma_tt316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #8
Punjab

Punjab is infamous around these partsPunjab is infamous around these parts

Planet audio amps are good...id go for it.. check ebay sometimes they are way cheaper and you can get good deal..
Punjab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2009, 03:46 PM   #9
YoungT

YoungT is infamous around these partsYoungT is infamous around these partsYoungT is infamous around these parts

i had a planet audio amp for 6 years was called the Vector D made by zed audio.
YoungT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2009, 10:57 PM   #10
Image Dynamics

Image Dynamics has a brilliant futureImage Dynamics has a brilliant futureImage Dynamics has a brilliant futureImage Dynamics has a brilliant futureImage Dynamics has a brilliant futureImage Dynamics has a brilliant futureImage Dynamics has a brilliant futureImage Dynamics has a brilliant futureImage Dynamics has a brilliant futureImage Dynamics has a brilliant futureImage Dynamics has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punjab View Post
Planet audio amps are good...id go for it.. check ebay sometimes they are way cheaper and you can get good deal..
Go with a Boss Audio amplifier, it's the same amp for WAY less money. Boss Audio and Planet Audio are the same company.
Image Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2009, 12:14 AM   #11
neillio

neillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond reputeneillio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Image Dynamics View Post
Go with a Boss Audio amplifier, it's the same amp for WAY less money. Boss Audio and Planet Audio are the same company.
Not true. Different board, different components. That statement would then be true for: "buy a lightning audio amp cause it's the same as RF"
neillio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2009, 12:18 AM   #12
YoungT

YoungT is infamous around these partsYoungT is infamous around these partsYoungT is infamous around these parts

yup the boss audio is the lower end, differnet boards, totally differnet stuff !!!
YoungT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2009, 01:27 PM   #13
Punjab

Punjab is infamous around these partsPunjab is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Image Dynamics View Post
who told you that boss audio was same company as planet? Boss is prolly one of the cheapest and unreliable amp on the market, that's why they sell for like 20 bucks on eBay lmao!!!!
Punjab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #14
N2Audio

N2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant futureN2Audio has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punjab View Post
who told you that boss audio was same company as planet? Boss is prolly one of the cheapest and unreliable amp on the market, that's why they sell for like 20 bucks on eBay lmao!!!!
I think the assumption is that since Boss and Planet are owned by the same parent company that somehow makes them the same. As others have eluded to -- that is plain ignorance.
Buying anything from Boss over the PA Big Bang 2's would be a HUGE mistake.
N2Audio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2009, 03:30 PM   #15
Image Dynamics

Image Dynamics has a brilliant futureImage Dynamics has a brilliant futureImage Dynamics has a brilliant futureImage Dynamics has a brilliant futureImage Dynamics has a brilliant futureImage Dynamics has a brilliant futureImage Dynamics has a brilliant futureImage Dynamics has a brilliant futureImage Dynamics has a brilliant futureImage Dynamics has a brilliant futureImage Dynamics has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2Audio View Post
I think the assumption is that since Boss and Planet are owned by the same parent company that somehow makes them the same. As others have eluded to -- that is plain ignorance.
Buying anything from Boss over the PA Big Bang 2's would be a HUGE mistake.
Actually, since I was employeed there for just shy of 8 years, my comments are FAR from ignorance. They are based 100% on FACT.
As more and more of the PA product became rebadged Boss Audio I left and moved on to bigger things and a more honest company.
And BTW, SoundStorm Labs (SSL) is the same company as well. Again, 100% based upon fact! Same build house as PA Torq amps.

Last edited by Image Dynamics; 09-16-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Image Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote