CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 03-14-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
toyopl

toyopl is a jewel in the roughtoyopl is a jewel in the roughtoyopl is a jewel in the roughtoyopl is a jewel in the rough

Best 4-channel amp under $200 ???

Hey, I need 4 channel amp under $200 to run one pair of Alpine SPR-17C Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. and one pair of Alpine SPR-13C Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.. It can't be bigger than 17''x11'' because I want to run it in the trunk of my car closed-in, so naturally something that won't overheat aswell
Can u recommend something ? I'd rather buy new then used.
Here's a shot of someone else's car with what I have in mind.

toyopl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 03-14-2010, 10:44 PM   #2
SPL BRONCO II

SPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond repute

Cadence XA125.4

http://www.woofersetc.com/p8051/Xa12...-Amplifier.htm

Last edited by SPL BRONCO II; 03-14-2010 at 10:47 PM.
SPL BRONCO II is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #3
toyopl

toyopl is a jewel in the roughtoyopl is a jewel in the roughtoyopl is a jewel in the roughtoyopl is a jewel in the rough

doesn't this amp get really hot, I read few comments like this regarding this amp, and it's gonna be in a small closed space.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:49 PM   #4
SPL BRONCO II

SPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond repute

The amp wont run hot but i had switched amps right before you posted. The TXA i originally suggested was exactly 11" so i thought that might be an issue. The XA125 is a bit smaller.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:10 PM   #5
toyopl

Oh, I guess I was too fast
and what about those two, they seem to be priced lower
Cadence ZRS-5004 http://www.woofersetc.com/p6032/ZRS5...-Amplifier.htm
Sundown SAX-50.4 http://www.powermaxelectronics.com/p...1&idcategory=0

Old 03-15-2010, 03:50 AM   #6
SPL BRONCO II

I was looking at the ZRS5004 but it was just over 11".

Old 03-15-2010, 10:39 AM   #7
toyopl

11'' is not a problem as I can turn it, as long as it's not bigger than 17x11 doesn't matter which way.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #8
sandt38

Associate

Location: So, how's that HOPE and CHANGE $hit workin out for ya?
sandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond reputesandt38 has a reputation beyond repute

Cadence SQA4 are up for sale again. About 12"X12" 4X100wrms, 2X200wrms. For under $130 shipped they are hard to beat. They stay cool as hell too.
sandt38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #9
AlainD

AlainD is a glorious beacon of lightAlainD is a glorious beacon of lightAlainD is a glorious beacon of lightAlainD is a glorious beacon of lightAlainD is a glorious beacon of light

the Sundown sax 50.4 is a beast : I love mine !!
nice features, underrated power. You can even bandpass your speakers with the crossovers.
I run mine bridged to my comp set(Focal 165KP).
Customer service is really great; all questions are answered by the owner himself, and they deliver everywhere in the world !
AlainD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2010, 07:42 PM   #10
toyopl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandt38 View Post
Cadence SQA4 are up for sale again. About 12"X12" 4X100wrms, 2X200wrms. For under $130 shipped they are hard to beat. They stay cool as hell too.
Thx, just the dimensions are too big, whichever way I put it, it's still bigger than 11''