CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 10-14-2010, 04:26 AM   #1
eb2phkingood

eb2phkingood is a glorious beacon of lighteb2phkingood is a glorious beacon of lighteb2phkingood is a glorious beacon of lighteb2phkingood is a glorious beacon of lighteb2phkingood is a glorious beacon of lighteb2phkingood is a glorious beacon of light

High pass / low pass filter settings?

2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS-6 Hurst equipped 6-speed edition.

Kenwood KDC-MP638U head unit
Alpine type r speakers (6 of them)
Alpine type r subs (2 of them)
Alpine 1000w amp for subs
Kenwood speaker amp
street wires wiring for everything except RCA's which are all stinger pro 1 model.
RCA's 2 pairs for speaker amp (ran on opposite side of car/power wire), 1 pair for sub amp ran on same side as power wire.
Optima yellow top battery.

I searched for this answer before i posted this. However i saw a lot of posts said it is custom for most people depending on their setup and headunit. so i am posting it here so someone can help. thanks!

my head unit has built in HPF-FRONT , HPF-REAR , LPF-subs built into it. the options are from (Through, 80, 100, 120, 150, 180hz) for each of the settings. I use my subs to provide my bass and i kill the bass to my speakers to protect them. How should i have my headunit set up for each? HPF-Front, HPF-REAR, LPF-Sub??
eb2phkingood is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 10-14-2010, 04:37 AM   #2
pjhabit

pjhabit has a reputation beyond reputepjhabit has a reputation beyond reputepjhabit has a reputation beyond reputepjhabit has a reputation beyond reputepjhabit has a reputation beyond reputepjhabit has a reputation beyond reputepjhabit has a reputation beyond reputepjhabit has a reputation beyond reputepjhabit has a reputation beyond reputepjhabit has a reputation beyond reputepjhabit has a reputation beyond repute

For a starting point, try setting the HP filters to 100 & LPF to 80 & adjust to taste from there.
pjhabit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2010, 05:07 AM   #3
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhabit View Post
For a starting point, try setting the HP filters to 100 & LPF to 80 & adjust to taste from there.
Jimi77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2010, 05:36 AM   #4
lincoln8

Banned

Location: Over 10,000 insightful posts. Fukk lee and his turning off the post count in WOT, n1gger.
lincoln8 is infamous around these partslincoln8 is infamous around these partslincoln8 is infamous around these partslincoln8 is infamous around these partslincoln8 is infamous around these partslincoln8 is infamous around these partslincoln8 is infamous around these partslincoln8 is infamous around these partslincoln8 is infamous around these partslincoln8 is infamous around these partslincoln8 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
yeah, that is what sandt told me to set mine to. I just adjusted from there
lincoln8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2010, 05:50 AM   #5
eb2phkingood

eb2phkingood is a glorious beacon of lighteb2phkingood is a glorious beacon of lighteb2phkingood is a glorious beacon of lighteb2phkingood is a glorious beacon of lighteb2phkingood is a glorious beacon of lighteb2phkingood is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi77 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln8 View Post
yeah, that is what sandt told me to set mine to. I just adjusted from there

ok and right now i have the filters also set on both of my amps in the rear. is it ok to leave these on as well?

Old 10-14-2010, 06:32 AM   #6
pjhabit

pjhabit has a reputation beyond reputepjhabit has a reputation beyond reputepjhabit has a reputation beyond reputepjhabit has a reputation beyond reputepjhabit has a reputation beyond reputepjhabit has a reputation beyond reputepjhabit has a reputation beyond reputepjhabit has a reputation beyond reputepjhabit has a reputation beyond reputepjhabit has a reputation beyond reputepjhabit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2phkingood View Post
ok and right now i have the filters also set on both of my amps in the rear. is it ok to leave these on as well?
Use one or the other. Combining filters creates 'cascading slopes' that are even less predictable in their function. Here's a good article on crossover & gain adjustment...http://www.mobileelectronics.com.au/...howtopic=35875
pjhabit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2010, 06:40 AM   #7
eb2phkingood

Quote:
Use one or the other. Combining filters creates 'cascading slopes' that are even less predictable in their function. Here's a good article on crossover & gain adjustment...http://www.mobileelectronics.com.au/...howtopic=35875
YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks so much to everyone!