CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Manufacturer's Forums > Product Specific > Alpine

Old 10-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #1
sierraguy

sierraguy is on a distinguished road

Alpine 103BT and USB Memory navigation problem

If this is a duplicate post, I apologize. I didn't find an Alpine forum until a re-researched Google...

Supposedly, based on the Alpine website and the display on the system itself, the Alpine 103BT, using a USB device to store musics (mp3), can have up to 100 directories/folders of music on a USB device and up to 100 folders within each top level folder. I'm using a 30gb FAT32 2.5" hard drive in an external case. Works GREAT but....

But my question is this:

How do I navigate from the top level folders to the 2nd level folders and back? I grouped my music into folders based on the artist's name. i.e. A-G. H-N as the top level folders and the 2nd level folders being the artist with folders within them being the albums.

Also, how do I navigate between the top level folders? From A-G to H-M??? Yesterday, I was happily in the A-G folder then somehow got bumped into the H-M folder and can't get the system to move back.

Navigating the top level folders, I can get stuck in, say the H-M group folder unable to navigate up to the top level to get to the A-G or N-R folders. All I see in the display if the Folder number and title numer: F01 T01... Not knowing which top level folder I'm in, artist folder or album folder. Besides when the music starts and the system reads the band/song info...

Any advice or help? I don't want to have to buy individual USB drives for each "grouping"... The systems works fine with my external 30gb 2.5" HDD as it makes moving, adding music easy!

Any Alpine car audio experts out there?
sierraguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 10-07-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
Lee

Administrator

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

See page 10 of the user manual - it's pretty clear.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchf...500CDE103B.PDF
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
sierraguy

Much appreciated. Thank you for reiterating that which I already said was not clear. Feel very welcome as a new user and am going elsewhere.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:41 PM   #4
Lee

Administrator

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraguy View Post
Much appreciated. Thank you for reiterating that which I already said was not clear. Feel very welcome as a new user and am going elsewhere.
Sorry, didn't see where you mentioned that the manual was unclear; figured you purchased the unit without a manual.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2011, 07:10 PM   #5
sierraguy

Am a computer techie... So am guilty of not focusing on the manual. But have spent an hour with it and have figured out the search. The Alpine interface is SOOO unintuitive. Whoever designed it never consulted a human factors engineer. But I'm still stuck on a 2nd level folder and can't get bat to the root. Search and Q-Search work great but moving UP to the root??? Without a solution, I'm moving to several large capacity USB flash drives or SD cards in a reader.

I just need to get up to the Root...