CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: Advanced

Old 12-07-2011, 05:05 AM   #1
isurrender4life

isurrender4life can only hope to improve

2-12w7 and a kicker zx 1500.1 amp

Hey guys,

I have 2-12w7's hooked up to a single kicker zx 1500.1 amp, wired in parallel to 1.5 ohms.

The subs are in a custom sealed box in the trunk of a 2009 Dodge Avenger.

I have a pioneer deck with a kenetic battery installed in the trunk, and a stock battery in the front, with both batteries being charged by a stock alt. pushing 120 amps.

Question: 1.Do I need two amps to push these subs, or will the amp I have do the job? 2.Where can I find an H.O. alt that will fit in this model of vech?
isurrender4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 12-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #2
rocker_topper

rocker_topper is infamous around these partsrocker_topper is infamous around these partsrocker_topper is infamous around these partsrocker_topper is infamous around these partsrocker_topper is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by isurrender4life View Post
Hey guys,

I have 2-12w7's hooked up to a single kicker zx 1500.1 amp, wired in parallel to 1.5 ohms.

The subs are in a custom sealed box in the trunk of a 2009 Dodge Avenger.

I have a pioneer deck with a kenetic battery installed in the trunk, and a stock battery in the front, with both batteries being charged by a stock alt. pushing 120 amps.

Question: 1.Do I need two amps to push these subs, or will the amp I have do the job? 2.Where can I find an H.O. alt that will fit in this model of vech?
The kicker amp ur using is 2 ohm stable I believe. Running it at 1.5 ohms might or might not cause damage to the amp. My suggestion is get a proper enclosure for those subs. If I'm remembering right Jo doesn't even recommend putting those subs in a sealed enclosure. They are designed to work optimally in a ported enclosure. If more bass is ur goal do that and hold be happy I promise.
rocker_topper is offline   Reply With Quote