CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 12-26-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond repute

Tru Technology B4100-S w/ Stage III upgrades and LME Op-amps

As discussed in another thread, I was planning to upgrade my front stage amps to the ZED, but I have a chance to get a lightly used TRU Technology B-4100 with the stage 3 upgrade and LME OP Amps for less than half of retail. Seller wants $1550, I am thinking of offering $1100.

He is also selling the TRU line conditioner for $575. I have a power conditioner on my home system, is it worth it to get one for my car?

If so I am thinking of offering $1500 for both.
Dr_jitsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 12-26-2011, 04:14 PM   #2
GM4WALLS

GM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond repute

How well did buying used equipment work for you last time?
GM4WALLS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2011, 04:16 PM   #3
Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4WALLS View Post
How well did buying used equipment work for you last time?
LOL....good point. Actually, not lol

Old 12-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #4
GM4WALLS

GM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond reputeGM4WALLS has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, you can get the ZED amps cheaper, and new with warranty. They are excellent quIality and superior in build to most amps on the market. I wouldn't even mess with another used amp, if it were me. If you are looking to spend more dinero... take a look at McIntosh amps, other then folks *****ing about the money, I have NEVER read or heard a single complaint!

Old 12-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #5
Dr_jitsu

Are you familiar w/ the Tru? They are a step up from the ZED.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
GM4WALLS

I have heard of Tru... and if you wanna spend the money on another used amp... that's your choice. I am just lending my 2 cents on the topic. If you don't mind spending a truck load of money, go with a NIB Tru, McIntosh, Zapco, Audison, ect... I can honestly tell you that while I was browsing the SQ comp cars at Daytona Spring Break Nationals... they almost unanimously used Zapco amps... and to this day (with the literally hundreds of cars I have listened to) I have yet to hear CDT comps.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #7
SPL BRONCO II

SPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond repute

I have no experience with Tru amp but i know they are very high end, i personally would not spend that kind of money on amp let alone on an amp that is not brand new.
SPL BRONCO II is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #8
GM4WALLS

How much of an audible difference do you think you will really see between the Tru and ZED? Is it worth the money?

Old 12-26-2011, 06:19 PM   #9
SPL BRONCO II

SPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond reputeSPL BRONCO II has a reputation beyond repute

After taking a hit on the used MS8 you would think spending that kind of $$ on a used amp would not even be an option.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #10
GM4WALLS

I mentioned that. I am curious what he plas to do with the ARC/Cadence amps.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #11
Dr_jitsu

In any case, I just found out that the second installer I went to ran the 6.5 mid woofer on the 190 watt ARC/FD Amp. That, and better tuing (their tuning guru was out that day....which is why they only charged me 3 hours for 5 hours of labor).

Have not spent any more money yet, and the ZED is still a frontrunner.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:24 PM   #12
Dr_jitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4WALLS View Post
I mentioned that. I am curious what he plas to do with the ARC/Cadence amps.
Cadence stays (powering my subs). I may just replace the 190 ARC/FD w/ another ARC?FD 370 and sell the ARC 190.

Made a somewhat lowball offer on the TRU (has stage 3 upgrade and a bunch of other options totaling an MSRP of $3.8K...I offered $1K).

The seller has a very good rep, and I will call TRU to ensure backing before buying this time.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:28 PM   #13
Dr_jitsu

The TRU is a class AB amp, btw. Everyone who has heard it raves....better than a Sinfoni.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #14
SPL BRONCO II

You mentioned before you could get a deal on the Zapco C2k2.5, can you get a deal on the larger C2k4.0? If the price is descent that is a good choice as well.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #15
Adcom

Adcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond reputeAdcom has a reputation beyond repute

I occasionally see people want to change op amps, as an upgrade. This is really easy to do if you have any soldering skills. You simply de-solder the existing op amp, and replace it with an 8 leg socket. Make sure you pay attn to haw its keyed. Then simply buy upgrade op amps from a place like this:

www.percyaudio.com

That way you can try any op amp you want. That's all TruTech does.
Adcom is offline   Reply With Quote