CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 03-11-2012, 11:36 PM   #1
MakeItVibrate

MakeItVibrate has a reputation beyond reputeMakeItVibrate has a reputation beyond reputeMakeItVibrate has a reputation beyond reputeMakeItVibrate has a reputation beyond reputeMakeItVibrate has a reputation beyond reputeMakeItVibrate has a reputation beyond reputeMakeItVibrate has a reputation beyond reputeMakeItVibrate has a reputation beyond reputeMakeItVibrate has a reputation beyond reputeMakeItVibrate has a reputation beyond reputeMakeItVibrate has a reputation beyond repute

audiocontrol Lc2i settings?

Anyone have any experience with this loc? Ive played around with the bass setting on the stock radio, my cadence ia7 and the lc2i and still can't get it sounding right. There seems to be no low end bass and too much of the high 50 Hz and up bass. I'm open to suggestions that anyone would think would help.
MakeItVibrate is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 03-12-2012, 01:03 AM   #2
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeItVibrate View Post
Anyone have any experience with this loc? Ive played around with the bass setting on the stock radio, my cadence ia7 and the lc2i and still can't get it sounding right. There seems to be no low end bass and too much of the high 50 Hz and up bass. I'm open to suggestions that anyone would think would help.
Could be the way the OEM HU is equalized - that's how they compensate for a total lack of subbass. Try setting the LPF around 60hz and cranking the gain up some.
Jimi77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2012, 01:17 AM   #3
MakeItVibrate

MakeItVibrate has a reputation beyond reputeMakeItVibrate has a reputation beyond reputeMakeItVibrate has a reputation beyond reputeMakeItVibrate has a reputation beyond reputeMakeItVibrate has a reputation beyond reputeMakeItVibrate has a reputation beyond reputeMakeItVibrate has a reputation beyond reputeMakeItVibrate has a reputation beyond reputeMakeItVibrate has a reputation beyond reputeMakeItVibrate has a reputation beyond reputeMakeItVibrate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi77 View Post
Could be the way the OEM HU is equalized - that's how they compensate for a total lack of subbass. Try setting the LPF around 60hz and cranking the gain up some.
I originally had a cheap loc with the same results. I bought the lc2i because it says it compensates the bass lowered by the h/u.

I'm going to try the lowpass at 60 like you said, but assuming that doesn't help what would be the next step? An equalizer? Processor?

Old 03-12-2012, 01:27 AM   #4
Jimi77

Jimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond reputeJimi77 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd look at page 2 of the owner's manual, there already is some sort of equalization circuit on the Lc2i.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:58 AM   #5
MakeItVibrate

No manual came with it. And I think the "accubass" is the only eq on it.

I guess I'm just gonna take it to a shop and have them tune everything for me. Id hate to just throw any money at the problem when the whole problem could just be improper tuning.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:49 AM   #6
Jimi77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeItVibrate View Post
No manual came with it. And I think the "accubass" is the only eq on it.

I guess I'm just gonna take it to a shop and have them tune everything for me. Id hate to just throw any money at the problem when the whole problem could just be improper tuning.
Don't do that. Go to the AudioControl website, they have the manual online. It seems to be a bit more complicated than a simple EQ control, so check it out and give it a try.