CarAudioForum.com

Go Back   CarAudioForum.com > Discussion Forums > Car Audio: General

Old 06-09-2012, 05:41 AM   #1
MAZDACUB

MAZDACUB is on a distinguished road

Make a fake video siginal?

I just finished installing a JVC KW-ADV64BT and I'm having a slight issue with the AV input. I have a stand alone XM radio that i have permanently mounted that I would like to plug into the "line in" jacks on the rear of the unit. If I just plug in the audio L and R channel and select AV-input on my deck I get the audio but a get a solid blue warning display saying "no signal" and it never goes away.

It seems that its also looking for a video signal at all times when using the AV input. Does anyone know a way to fake a signal or do something so the blue "no signal" bar can go away?

Link for my deck
http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?mo...hId=143&page=1
MAZDACUB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 06-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAZDACUB View Post
I just finished installing a JVC KW-ADV64BT and I'm having a slight issue with the AV input. I have a stand alone XM radio that i have permanently mounted that I would like to plug into the "line in" jacks on the rear of the unit. If I just plug in the audio L and R channel and select AV-input on my deck I get the audio but a get a solid blue warning display saying "no signal" and it never goes away.

It seems that its also looking for a video signal at all times when using the AV input. Does anyone know a way to fake a signal or do something so the blue "no signal" bar can go away?

Link for my deck
http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?mo...hId=143&page=1
For satellite radio, your HU will be looking for a connection like this, not through the video input.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_220SXV2...ner.html?tp=87

If you aren't interested in the proper sat. radio hookup, then the other option would be to see if you can use the 3.5mm aux. input on the front of the unit.
basicxj is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2012, 01:21 AM   #3
MAZDACUB

Shame the input on the front is the only way to only way to get a proper audio in signal. The jack on the front blows because you always see the stupid wire plugged in and to unhook your face plate you are always pulling it out.

I much rather prefer my current stand alone XM radio because I can record to it and take it with me.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:31 AM   #4
MAZDACUB

here is an idea.......anyone know if it is possible to find a schematic of the actual SirusXM radio plug on the back of my deck? Wonder if it is possible to just get a plug end and possible see if or what pins might be the audio signal could be possible to tie my XM into that for audio only.

Follow my drift???

Old 06-10-2012, 02:39 AM   #5
basicxj

Registered Spam Offender

basicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond reputebasicxj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAZDACUB View Post
here is an idea.......anyone know if it is possible to find a schematic of the actual SirusXM radio plug on the back of my deck? Wonder if it is possible to just get a plug end and possible see if or what pins might be the audio signal could be possible to tie my XM into that for audio only.

Follow my drift???
If you look at the pics of the rear of your unit on Crutchfield and zoom in on the photo of the rear, it appears to be a DIN type plug that they use to input satellite radio...problem is, there are a number of different ones in use out there and they vary from brand to brand in terms of connection, style, shape and pins.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-YNEXH44...W-ADV64BT.html

It may be easiest to buy the one for $19.99 and disassemble it, map the pins- at least you know it will fit.
basicxj is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #6
MAZDACUB

looks like you understand my idea. As for mapping the pins, that's what I'm trying to currently find. Cant seem to find any schematics showing the pin designations.