CarAudioForum.com

Old 12-23-2001, 05:12 AM   #1
hollaback6

hollaback6 will become famous soon enough

dd 3512 box size?????

I know this question has probably been asked a million times but would a dd3512 have good sq and spl in a 1.0 sealed box? If not what size box does it need sealed and ported?
hollaback6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Help Syrian Refugees Survive. Donate Now!
Or text REFUGEES to 50555 to give $10 to USA for UNHCR
Old 12-23-2001, 05:41 PM   #2
alaska

alaska is infamous around these parts

check their website...

www.ddaudio.com
alaska is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2001, 02:20 AM   #3
hollaback6

somebody told me that they work in any box size just about because there basket is so strong. Is this true?

Old 12-24-2001, 06:38 AM   #4
alaska

you can put any sub in any size box and it will work...might sound like total crap but it will work

basket strength has no bearing on how a sub performs in any size box. now, if it's too weak and the pressure in the box and the stress from the sub cause it to break that can be a bad thing...but basket alone has no audible bearing on output.

a 12 will usually work just fine in a 1 cubic foot sealed box...regardless of manufacturer. call DD and ask them...they're nice people just don't ask em for a tracking number heheh or when your subs will ship. seriously...they are a cool company tho

i love my 3515's

Old 12-24-2001, 07:42 AM   #5
Warbleed

Warbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by alaska
you can put any sub in any size box and it will work...might sound like total crap but it will work

basket strength has no bearing on how a sub performs in any size box. now, if it's too weak and the pressure in the box and the stress from the sub cause it to break that can be a bad thing...but basket alone has no audible bearing on output.

a 12 will usually work just fine in a 1 cubic foot sealed box...regardless of manufacturer. call DD and ask them...they're nice people just don't ask em for a tracking number heheh or when your subs will ship. seriously...they are a cool company tho

i love my 3515's
I would expect the 3512 to be HORRIFICLY boomy in that small of a box. I'd say 1.5 cubic feet minimum on that sucker, larger if you can manage.
The origin of all science is the desire to know causes, and the origin of all false science and imposture is the desire to accept false causes rather than none; or, which is the same thing, in the unwillingness to acknowledge our own ignorance.
- William Hazlitt
Warbleed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2001, 05:37 PM   #6
hollaback6

u think i would be better off running one in a ported box with about 1000 watts goin to it? I don't have much space at all. The most i could go is like 2.0 maybe a little more.

Old 12-24-2001, 06:05 PM   #7
alaska

first...what is your objective with this sub? to just get loud? if so, definitely port it...you prob won't care about boominess too much. it should handle the 1000W just fine..i'm running my 15's off of an a7hc (about 500-600W to each sub) and i they're begging for more power

they list some box specs for ported enclosures on their site...go check em out

Old 12-24-2001, 06:18 PM   #8
hollaback6

my objectvie is spl. I want to hit 145's with one sub. I don't know if it's possible but i know i have a small cab. Thanks for the help. I've never made a ported box before so that kind of scares me.

Old 12-24-2001, 10:06 PM   #9
Warbleed

Warbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond reputeWarbleed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by hollaback6
my objectvie is spl. I want to hit 145's with one sub. I don't know if it's possible but i know i have a small cab. Thanks for the help. I've never made a ported box before so that kind of scares me.
If SQ isn't a concern, definitely go ported. 145db is possible, if you do it right.
The origin of all science is the desire to know causes, and the origin of all false science and imposture is the desire to accept false causes rather than none; or, which is the same thing, in the unwillingness to acknowledge our own ignorance.
- William Hazlitt
Warbleed is offline   Reply With Quote